Archived Work at two different locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question. Anyone know if a TM is allowed to work at multiple Target locations?

I was just offered softlines at a second location, but they called back saying they couldn't offer the job to me since I'm already an employee. I'm dying to get out of the front lanes due to some anxiety issues (I'm fine cashiering sporadically. If I'm in softlines 60% of a shift and 40% backup I'd be totally comfortable.)

I'm just worried that this position will be taken before I can get a transfer. I love Target's environment so I don't really want to apply to another retailer just to get away from the front. :confused:

No. After 90 days, you can transfer. You can asked to work/learn other areas to your current store leadership.

Don't know how your district is but in mine I spent almost a year working in to different locations. I'd get 25 hours in my home store and then 15-20 at a new store that had just opened. Target allowed it but it was a pain lot s punch corrections to make sure I got paid

Support help is one thing, but permanently working at two locations isn't anything I've heard people doing.

I deftinely understand how you feel about the front lanes and anxienty! I would suggest talking to leadership in your store about cross training and switching work stations. You can also check out the swap shift board in case there's any softlines shifts.

I don't think that happens unless one's hours come from the district rather than the store.

We were just talking about doing this with one of our team that transferred out. She'd like to pickup weekend shifts at our store when she's home from school but work the other location during the week when she's at school.

The consensus was she could but we'd have to call and ask her hours there before adding her to ours. And possible punch corrections. It sounded like a headache.

No. After 90 days, you can transfer. You can asked to work/learn other areas to your current store leadership.

I deftinely understand how you feel about the front lanes and anxienty! I would suggest talking to leadership in your store about cross training and switching work stations. You can also check out the swap shift board in case there's any softlines shifts.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I've asked for sales training frequently since I started in September, and made sure to reiterate the hope in January (along with mentioning anxiety and how I'd be absolutely fine doing backup,) but no cigar. We rarely have shift swaps available and never the loose sales shifts I'd pick up back when we had seasonal workers.

Our store has zero training hours for sales, especially softlines, which is the department I really want. I wouldn't be surprised if this second location finds someone to fill the spot in the time it takes for me to get a hold of HR -- neither TM was in when I worked after I took the calls.

The thing about swapping with softlines is that every time I've asked about it, I've gotten, "Have you been trained? No? It's fine, we'll find someone else." I feel like training won't take very long at all since my last job was 100% clothing and I know the softlines area by heart just from browsing the area. Crossing my fingers for a break here.

Prior to the AE changes I was working at multiple stores as a TPS though so it's probably a little different

the only time I ever worked at 2 locations was one week when another store near mine had no cash office tm and so for about a month and a half I did cash office for my store and the other until a few new cash office tms were found and I trained them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back