Archived Workbench...Best time to check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I've been working Backroom for about a month now, and I've recently learned a bit more about the Workbench app. Is it at all possible to access the "MyPerformance" info from home? I feel like there's just no time to check up on this on my breaks (also, the app isn't on the breakroom computer), and I don't want to do it while I'm on the clock... Any suggestions?

I'm also looking for the best way to check on CAF/POG/Research size so I can let my LOD know if I'll need help. I know I can use Workbench, but same sort of issue with timing. I don't want to waste 10 minutes muddling through the system to get to CAF info for every CAF every hour. I'm almost always the only one back there, and I got scolded for not giving the LOD enough notice for needing help (to be fair, I had 2 batches to pull in 15 min, usually that's fine, but didn't know one of them would be so huge, so I called for help, and he was upset that I didn't give enough notice...). I just really want to make sure I'm not fucking things up too bad :(

Thanks!

Like Sigma said you need to do it at work.
My recommendation would be really early in the morning.
Depending on which side of the country you're on it can get really slow later in the day.

What exactly do you want to view on MyPerformance? Your TL should be printing most of the information and posting on the DPS board in the backroom once a week. There is a planogram for what is put on the boards, I put up what's required but I also added a few other reports that are important pertaining to the backroom. Also the Vibe board in TSC had a lot of good info too. I used to have one of my TMs update the board, except for a couple things he didn't have access to. Maybe you can ask your TL for this responsibility, it's a good interview story if you want to get promoted. Usually Wednesday is the best day to print out most reports, but they all populate on different days.

It's not a good idea to have the TM assigned to pull CAFs also pull up the CAF pull monitor because by the time you look it up you have already wasted 5 minutes of pull time. Instead have your team lead or TM that is not assigned to pull CAFs, LOD, or even HR can check it for you and announce it over the walkie. Also you can check The MyProgress app under logistics on the PDA and it will show you the amount of DPCIs and eaches for every pull, it's not goal times but it's a good reference tool.

Hope this helps...

Your TL should be printing most of the information and posting on the DPS board in the backroom once a week. There is a planogram for what is put on the boards, I put up what's required but I also added a few other reports that are important pertaining to the backroom.

Huh, I didn't even know that was a thing. Seriously, I never see anything on the board in our backroom besides clips...

It's not a good idea to have the TM assigned to pull CAFs also pull up the CAF pull monitor because by the time you look it up you have already wasted 5 minutes of pull time.

Also, I'm almost always the only TM in the backroom (or at least it appears that way...I never see other TMs back there). It's pretty stressful, usually I have the LOD specifically asking me to let them know what the CAF Monitor says for noon pull time estimates. That or nothing at all. They also seem a bit irked when I ask for help. I feel like they're expecting me to do a million things at once (I even trained someone, and I haven't even worked there for 2 months!).

In a way, I'm almost scared to ask for any extra help. My hours have been cut back considerably (maybe it's the new scheduling system?), I'm not always the *best* at pull times, and I've missed a day here or there (once I left early, was too dizzy to comfortably climb up ladders and the other time, I have a note from the ER, as I went there and called out before a shift). I don't want to give them any more reason than they need to ditch me (also, am I paranoid to be nervous about getting fired?). I dunno, the other TMs are really nice, but the LODs are intimidating.

The most important things for you to look at on myperformance is your baffle amount and if they are m-delete baffles or locu baffles, secondly to look at the location accuracy report to see what areas have the most errors and to fix that. (I am going on my 3rd week of 0 errors on bulk receiving side :) )

On mainscreen of pda, if you are signed in as backroom team member(as you should be) there is an option of "myprogress". Shows you the size of ALL batches in the pull page of RFapps. POGS, research, Cafs, exfs, (not audit). Pay no attention to the counts as they could be wayy off, just focus on the dpci amount. The projected time on the caf monitor is about 30 secs per dcpi, which is easyyy to beat. But it doesnt round. so if 3 dpcis then it will say 2 mins estimated pull time, same thing for 4 dpcis.

I usually check my workbench sundays on my break, write down my personal/important info, so i don't need to check it again.

As for worrying about the speed of your pulls, dont stress about it. The time to stress is when you got 3 new guys being told to push truck alone by the TL and then your TL hasnt come back for 3 hours leaving 3 kids in your hands while im trying to backstock, zone, and push truck. Just do your pulls fast and how you feel comfortable, I have a team member day side who brings 2 pda's with him and uses them so that he can pull the boxes first. I like to use a three-tier cart to pull items out of aisles and then transfer to 2 tier after because the 3 tier is easier to pull down the aisle.

I wouldn't really worry about myperformance stuff. That's more for the BRTL to lose sleep over. As for finding pull times on the RWT, I'd recommend checking times on just the noon CAF's, but if you check it for any other hour, if RWT or the pull time doesn't load within 1-2 minutes, just give up on it and start pulling (RWT, like most of Spot's programs, is very prone to lagging/not working). If you're flying blind on the pull times, just keep an eye out on the number of batches. If you see that you may have trouble, call it out to the LOD. As for worrying about the LOD's themselves, don't. As you become more well versed in backroom functions, you'll realize most of the LODs, TLs and ETLs are quite dependent on the backroom. Most don't know (or don't want to know) anything logistics, and they mostly appreciate the amount of physical labor backroom does to get their batches pulled (cause THEY certainly wouldn't want pull them :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back