Archived Worked in stocks today for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
subs are worse. Target seriously needs to build the rain function into the instocks app. Item is on ad and out of stock? "Scan/key raincheck pad and place on out of stock." Just make RAIN a webapp already!

Yes it was very annoying, I would get on a roll and then all of a sudden BAM! and you have to put everything down, toggle to rf apps, scan barcodes and all types of jazz. It's just very tedious and it seems like they could program SOMETHING to make it waste less time.

Welcome to In-Stocks. I have one trick for you, I use when I have a bunch of rain checks is to drop a R/C pad on the spot of the out and finish the isle, then toggle over and do all the rain checks in one shot. It doesn't help much when you have just one or two but when say individual sheets are on sale and half are sold out Sunday Morning, its a time saver.. For subs take a shelf and just work across or down putting groups of things on sale. Example: Blue sheets all sizes, then move to the next color, it saves time hanging subs. It also looks good.

That's actually a really good idea, and would have saved me maybe half an hour earlier today when I had to keep getting readjusted to R/Cs over and over. specially since the PDAs were going pretty slowly, it would have saved me a ton of time. Thank you, I'm gonna try this the next time we are out of sale items.

And subs now at least have the locations on them, it used to really suck when I had to run all the locs through the PDA and write them on the sub so I could find all the locs. I still ask all In-Stocks scanners to write the last 4 of the DCPI on the r/c pad to make them easier to find. This really helps when putting up subs for others.

And subs now at least have the locations on them, it used to really suck when I had to run all the locs through the PDA and write them on the sub so I could find all the locs. I still ask all In-Stocks scanners to write the last 4 of the DCPI on the r/c pad to make them easier to find. This really helps when putting up subs for others.
Our TL likes for us to write the entire DPCI, just so there is no confusion. Your advice is greatly appreciated. I work in stocks by myself Saturday, so I hope all goes well

Our TL likes for us to write the entire DPCI, just so there is no confusion. Your advice is greatly appreciated. I work in stocks by myself Saturday, so I hope all goes well
We do a small description and the last 4 of the DCPI, cause it can help guest figure out which pad is which item. But all info on the pad itself is a huge help.. You seem to have a good thought process, keep it up.. Saturday can be mellow, but being the day before the Super Bowl, Market and all snack stuff would be good to make sure you scan for outs.. Otherwise I just make sure Market, Chemo and baby food are scanned..

I also make sure to sub as much as I can that is on endcaps. It drives sales for sure and more likely to grab attention because it is on the endcap. spontaneous sales are a huge basket size driver!!

Anyone else's DTL put the "EVERY OUT EVERY DAY!" smack down on your store? Now we have to do all the RIGs in the instocks app then Stand-Alone "EVERY OUT EVERY DAY!"

Anyone else's DTL put the "EVERY OUT EVERY DAY!" smack down on your store? Now we have to do all the RIGs in the instocks app then Stand-Alone "EVERY OUT EVERY DAY!"
We started this nonsense right after Christmas. Seriously? If this is what they want they need to adjust the scan timeframe, increase the hours given to the IS team, get the freaking truck pushed, work ALL of the reshop, increase the number of brtm's so that the backstock is completed and stop pulling IStm's to help every other team that is behind. I'm so sick of the "routine of the day" that is usually fed to just one tm so that the rest of the team (if there is more than 1) looks ridiculous and incapable of doing their job. We do SAR, which adds an enormous amount of work since we have to go to all locations to check for outs. Without using the task list none of us has a clue as to where other tms have been. It just makes me weary.

My Log. ETL pushed back with give me more hours. since then we have our regular in stocks girl (not my favorite person, but thats a rant for another thread) and we've added the former GSTL (who stepped down and took a LOA for health reasons. Ongoing health reasons..) and we rotate in other trained team member to help. Scans havent been 100% since the change, priorities have been outrageous, and the frustration of the logistics workcenter as a whole is crazy high since its getting blamed on everyone else.

note- Our Backroom TL owns instocks too. I love him, but hes a one track kind of guy. Backroom looks great=instocks suffers, Instocks is going awesome=backroom is falling apart.

Reactions: NOP

That's cute.. Every out every day.. Never going to happen if we are having our hours gutted. 6hrs on a Saturday for just me to scan the entire store, and push the huge batches I do get cause our flow team is a bunch of idiots. Idiots that wouldn't know what a 2nd location is if it smacked them upside their head... Good luck with that DTL..

Oh yeah! That "Every Out, Every Day" bullshit will be the bane of my existence. Before they rolled out that policy, literally none (NONE!) of the ETLs knew the first thing about scanning things in RSCH or OUTS. Now they all run around the store with PDAs zeroing out counts because the DTL told them to. They pay no attention to dual locations. They frequently scan things with no regard to Best Practice. And it shows in our numbers as well.

Last year, my Instocks team (me and one other main scanner) were first in our group for lowest "Not Critical Low %" and second in the group for "Count Up %". I'm talking 2.04% over the ENTIRE YEAR compared to most other stores which were in the double digits. That just goes to show how exceptionally accurate we were at scanning. Now I see the ETLs regularly having Critical Low numbers upwards of 50% on about 150 scans. That's crazy. It's pretty clear that they just see something that is stocked lightly and use RSCH to get it pulled from the back. Or they scan things in the morning during their walk before Flow has a chance to stock it which then contributes to a higher Count Up % when we have to fix negative on-hands. And that doesn't even begin to address the problem we will likely have with shortage due to count updates.

Last year, my ETL-AP told me that shortage due to count updates in Cosmetics only cost us ~$2000 over the year when most other stores in our district averaged around ~$10,000. Something tells me that's not going to be the case this year.

Oh yeah! That "Every Out, Every Day" bullshit will be the bane of my existence. Before they rolled out that policy, literally none (NONE!) of the ETLs knew the first thing about scanning things in RSCH or OUTS. Now they all run around the store with PDAs zeroing out counts because the DTL told them to. They pay no attention to dual locations. They frequently scan things with no regard to Best Practice. And it shows in our numbers as well.

Last year, my Instocks team (me and one other main scanner) were first in our group for lowest "Not Critical Low %" and second in the group for "Count Up %". I'm talking 2.04% over the ENTIRE YEAR compared to most other stores which were in the double digits. That just goes to show how exceptionally accurate we were at scanning. Now I see the ETLs regularly having Critical Low numbers upwards of 50% on about 150 scans. That's crazy. It's pretty clear that they just see something that is stocked lightly and use RSCH to get it pulled from the back. Or they scan things in the morning during their walk before Flow has a chance to stock it which then contributes to a higher Count Up % when we have to fix negative on-hands. And that doesn't even begin to address the problem we will likely have with shortage due to count updates.

Last year, my ETL-AP told me that shortage due to count updates in Cosmetics only cost us ~$2000 over the year when most other stores in our district averaged around ~$10,000. Something tells me that's not going to be the case this year.

For those of us that have been around since before Instocks was a thing, it is clear the company is not sure where to head with the process. They need to reevaluate some of their operations and streamline them. Not only are there easy ways to make instocks more effective, but there are large amounts of payroll being thrown at the process in multiple stores to try and figure out how to fix it. The standards seem to be high to most people, but the process does not naturally do it, so many stores send people back through to try and scan, adding little or no value to the presentation of the salesfloor.

I love the days when the entire store gets scanned, but the batches are huge and plentiful. Backroom doesn't get them all pulled, and then the ones that do get pulled are so big that the team only gets through half of them before the LOD be like...don't worry about the Instocks pulls...we've got to get returns and cafs caught up.

When they switched to the task lists, it was awesome. Scans were always done in time to get the priorities pushed without hating life.
Our DTL is, personally, a very nice guy, but I think he's of the mindset that "If I give them more to do, they'll just have to get faster." instead of helping us realistically achieve his expectations.

I love how it's so very clear that everyone who is familiar with Instocks is just as nerdy as I am about it.

They need to have an advisory panel made up of IStm's that have actually worked in the stores. I would like to see it made of tm's that are pre-task list, pre-IS team research tms, and current IStm's. THEN this thing could work right.

They need to have an advisory panel made up of IStm's that have actually worked in the stores. I would like to see it made of tm's that are pre-task list, pre-IS team research tms, and current IStm's. THEN this thing could work right.

Don't forget TMs who used Outs!

When they made instocks research a focus (2? years ago) it was great. We had 5 people to scan the store by 10am and pushed the rest of the day. Slowly the hours got stolen until it was just me when I left in July. I just went shopping yesterday. The shampoo aisle transitioned on 1/19. There was not one dot in either aisle and lots of empty spaces...sad. If understood correctly, research is the key to a full store. If processed correctly, the Drastic Count Report is the key to controlling shortage. These great tools exist but there are not enough hours to utililize them properly. Isn't that the Target way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back