Archived #Workflow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow your custom blocks for baby are crazy.. our ETL set ours so all the big furniture stuff is one block, diapers and wipes are a block, and everything else in a block (aside from clothing).. sorry you have to sort through that :(

They come directly off the truck like that tho. How does your ETL manage that? I've worked the line myself and you just gotta build pallet after pallet of random baby stuff sent down the line.

They come directly off the truck like that tho. How does your ETL manage that? I've worked the line myself and you just gotta build pallet after pallet of random baby stuff sent down the line.
Stores can set what custom block numbers are assigned to areas. Our babies is split in two, one for diapers and one for everything else.

must have a longer line than us because we just shove everything baby on one pallet, like you, don't have room for such specialization.

Stores can set what custom block numbers are assigned to areas. Our babies is split in two, one for diapers and one for everything else.

Lucky!!!!!! That would be AMAZING!!! The chances of that happening is so slim. I mean I tried to get them to put the Seasonal Diapers on the Seasonal Flat and they don't listen to me. I end up having to separate it all and walk it down there. There reasoning for not doing it is because it's gonna take them longer on the line and they don't want to walk all the way down to the other backroom to back stock it. Smh. But yet I have to do that and more.

Today I was lucky they even brought the pallets up to my area. Most of the time they leave them back in Toys or at the very end of the section in N1. And it's hard enough to find a pallet to move them.....Some flow tm's can be such assholes I swear. 1 of many reasons why I hate the line.

We have separate blocks each for diapers, infant furniture, and baby food. It does take up a lot of room but the pallets for those are just set up on the back side of the line.

Having one person do it would be a good idea though...it's kinda hard for 10+ people to be stocking baby food at the same time.

Sorry, unwrapping - detrashing 5 pallets of softlines, sorting it, and then putting it all away [correctly.] That is a pain.

Few pallets of diapers. Easy.

:shrug:
I am sure you do a great job, though.

:)

We have separate blocks each for diapers, infant furniture, and baby food. It does take up a lot of room but the pallets for those are just set up on the back side of the line.

Having one person do it would be a good idea though...it's kinda hard for 10+ people to be stocking baby food at the same time.

Yea but unfortunately most people on the line are stuck in their ways. I had to argue with someone just so they would let me keep the seasonal diapers on the seasonal flat. But when I'm not working the line, the seasonal diapers end up right on the pallets in baby. Plus they don't care enough on the line as it is to do all that. All they care about it getting it done as quickly and as convenient as possible.

All that could have been stacked onto 2 pallets easily. I have pushed a 1200 piece truck before on time with 4 people. 2 softlines, 2 hardlines

I guess they're lighter? Ours are plastic and metal, like in my sig.

Much lighter and they can be repaired (if you put a Red Tag on them and hand-deliver them to the SFT PMT's area unlike the cart attendants at my store). Of course, they're more difficult to push in a line because the line doesn't stay straight like the old carts.

Much lighter and they can be repaired (if you put a Red Tag on them and hand-deliver them to the SFT PMT's area unlike the cart attendants at my store). Of course, they're more difficult to push in a line because the line doesn't stay straight like the old carts.

They are not cheap to fix.. Our SFT nearly choked when he saw how much a box of those grey handles were and its a box of 5.. Over $300..

Makes me almost sorry I clipped one with my truck last year.. Stupid wind..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back