Archived Working at Two Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick search but didn't see anything. I apologize if I missed a past thread. I've asked for more hours at my own store, said I'm willing to crosstrain, work 6 day weeks, work Pfresh trucks, backroom, hardlines, I don't care where or when. I'm averaging 18 hours a week right now.

Has anyone ever worked at two stores? Is it possible to do so regularly? I'm sure it depends on the store's needs, I know that there's been a few times when extra TMs were needed elsewhere.

Realistically I should be looking at a second job or a different job altogether...but I'd rather just stay at Target.

If 18 hours is all you're getting, then you're doing something wrong. I presume your availability is "any?" If so, then you're really doing something wrong.

From my experience; most stores prefer to keep things... "Internal". I've personally helped out in another store for some GSA shifts, and I've seen other stores send backroom TEAMS to help my store out in the past... So it definitely isn't unheard of. It all depends on staffing needs, and urgency.

The only people I know that have ever regularly worked at two stores at once are sfts or pmts. When I first started, our store shared an sft with another store. Then each store got their own.

If 18 hours is all you're getting, then you're doing something wrong. I presume your availability is "any?" If so, then you're really doing something wrong.
My work center is flow, I pull, push and backstock all freight that moves through electronics (including backstock from plano sets). I'm also the electronics opener 5 days a week (during my flow shift -- because they don't schedule an opener). Maybe I'm just too good at my job and should take longer? The person that I replaced took 8 hours to do what I do in 4.5. I was hoping my productivity would lead to more hours, rather it's led to a bare minimum o_O

We are a B volume pfresh, get 4 trucks a week this time of year averaging about 2400 each. I can sometimes stay to my 5th, but most days they don't need me to stick around.

Last edited:
That's what I get for searching "two" instead of "2" :rolleyes:

Thanks for the posts guys. I guess I'm gonna start seriously searching for a new job.

The only area I've known to allow you to work at another store is pharmacy tech.
When one of our techs was on vay-cay, we had several others from nearby stores.
Likewise, she's told me of picking up shifts at our nearby sister store.

Our GSA's and PMT have both worked at other shifts. Our previous APTL also continues working at our store a few days a week till he was replaced when he moved to another store and became ETL-AP.

Another fantastic contribution. Keep up the great posting.
Please, school me on how I can contribute in a manner that would make you happy.

Disclaimer... I won't necessarily listen to a word you say... but DO go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back