Archived Workload Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeBee

Service and Engagement Team Lead
Ok guys so I really need some...a lot of help. I feel like I'm drowning in my TL role.

I've been struggling with planning for the SL team. We get the scored stuff like the POGs set on time, we're even consistently working a week ahead. The problem is that I don't have enough "substance" in the plans. I plan out the workload for myself, my partner TL and our Brand TM but need to come up with stuff for others in the work center like the operators.
My question for you leaders out there is this: What kind of things do you include in your planning of the workload for the week?
Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.

There are only so many things you can plan for. Other than new sets, what else could you possibly plan for on a weekly basis? Build good routines, set higher expectations, and follow up. Things the operator could be doing is rewrap, hanging folded clearance, offering great guest service and keeping the fitting rooms spotless. Make sure TMs know and complete their daily routines and partner with your peers to follow up with them when you aren't there

There are only so many things you can plan for. Other than new sets, what else could you possibly plan for on a weekly basis? Build good routines, set higher expectations, and follow up. Things the operator could be doing is rewrap, hanging folded clearance, offering great guest service and keeping the fitting rooms spotless. Make sure TMs know and complete their daily routines and partner with your peers to follow up with them when you aren't there

That's my thinking too, but my ETL wants me to add all this extra stuff in the weekly plans. And gets very frustrated when I don't add a bunch of filler.
It's frustrating b/c the TL that was there before and in charge of the plans I know for a fact she never asked this of her.

I have a pretty similar issue, although I'm trading my two non-grocery departments for Sbux + Food Ave. so my experience might be a little different in the next few months. Does your instocks team scan through infant hardlines? Little things like that might be something you could add into a routine, but in my experience when I do make plans other LODs will change them anyways. :rolleyes:

One thing my store's SLTL does is print all the grids for the week and give timelines for everything. (ex- TM 1 abn. 4-5, shoes 6-8, etc). You may already do something similar, but this is enough for our STL.

I have a pretty similar issue, although I'm trading my two non-grocery departments for Sbux + Food Ave. so my experience might be a little different in the next few months. Does your instocks team scan through infant hardlines? Little things like that might be something you could add into a routine, but in my experience when I do make plans other LODs will change them anyways. :rolleyes:

One thing my store's SLTL does is print all the grids for the week and give timelines for everything. (ex- TM 1 abn. 4-5, shoes 6-8, etc). You may already do something similar, but this is enough for our STL.

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely see how we can incorporate a better instocks process in SL.

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely see how we can incorporate a better instocks process in SL.
Just came down through corporate that instocks no longer researches. What you can do is pick a tm who you trust, train them to do pulls, and drop pog fills or drop manuals in infant Hardlines. Make sure it has a good zone. Then you can go through and zero what you don't have. I've been doing this at my store, but through the entire store. It's been making a difference.

Just came down through corporate that instocks no longer researches. What you can do is pick a tm who you trust, train them to do pulls, and drop pog fills or drop manuals in infant Hardlines. Make sure it has a good zone. Then you can go through and zero what you don't have. I've been doing this at my store, but through the entire store. It's been making a difference.

Awesome!! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back