Worried about being fired

I have been a team member with Target these past three months. In the department I work in, there has been a recent big change that has happened: a DBO and a TL were fired. A DBO was caught taking things from defects and taking them home And was caught on camera at self checkout stealing from other departments; however, our TL did say it was okay to take home defects and did not follow requisition policies, constantly putting a lot of food in our break room without charging it to the store. He never mentioned anything about the policy. They were fired on my day off and had a meeting with our AP and an investigator to confirm their firing. Many of my coworkers are scared and I am as well. It was mentioned that no other department team members were spoken to that day by AP and I have been back working for the past 3 workdays and no one from HR nor my SD has said anything to me except that we are getting a new TL. Our AP ETL hasn’t been back to the store since I’ve been back and I’m wondering if there is a reason why. I’m not doing too good with the suspense of knowing whether or not I’m next or if I’m being investigated. What I’m not saying is that I did take non-perishable merch from the store because my TL said it was okay (but he wasn’t trying to follow the rules anyway, he hated working there). I’m trying to be as smart as I can, see if there is a way I can still work for Target if I’m called to AP during a shift. So I’m wondering:
Is it possible that there’s still an investigation open on me?
Would it be best to give notice now?
Do I have a right to know if I’m being investigated without termination as retaliation?

Lesson learned: never rely on a lead that doesn’t dot “i”s and cross “t”s because they’ll bring you down with them.

If you think they are investigating you, it might be best in this situation to come clean about what happened. Let your SD know that your TL said it was ok to take home the defects. Hiding the information might not be a good idea especially if they approach you about it.

It’s not a company wide memo. Its always been a target best practice. There is a reason why you have a donation bin so that you actually scan the defect/donations into it. This is how you avoid shortage . I fired my receiver for using hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes that got defected , he was using it for his desk .but that’s money being thrown away and target is not in the business of losing money.

I’m just worried because I saw other posts about firing that it took AP four months to fire them for something. If they already rendered decision on the former TL who basically was coaching that it could be done, does that mean they’re done investigating?

If they are investigating you, they might not feel like they have enough on you. Assume they are watching, and keep your nose clean.

What I’m not saying is that I did take non-perishable merch from the store because my TL said it was okay (
This double negative is confusing. You say you did not take anything, but your post suggests that you did.

I’m just worried because I saw other posts about firing that it took AP four months to fire them for something. If they already rendered decision on the former TL who basically was coaching that it could be done, does that mean they’re done investigating?

They often like to wait till it is a felony. The wait is excruciating. If you have made mistakes, don't make them any more. The ones they fired were the big fish.

If you did ANYTHING wrong, talk to your SD about it asap. If you're being investigated, you MAY be able to save your job.

"If they already rendered decision on the former TL who basically was coaching that it could be done, does that mean they’re done investigating?"
Not necessarily. The decision was made on that person, but they'd be foolish to assume that the former TL was the only one involved. You say in your original post that at least one DBO was fired as well.

"Our AP ETL hasn’t been back to the store since I’ve been back" -- Are you sure about this? Unless you're there for all the hours your store is open, you can't really know this. Our AP works different shifts, different days, so he's not predictable for guests who are up to no good. And he's not always out on the sales floor. Target has amazingly good camera surveillance (I was on a jury years ago where the video footage from a Target store was crucial evidence in getting a guy convicted), and it could be that your store's AP is watching you. Could be they're watching everyone who was under that TL's leadership or friends with that person to see how many others were dragged into what they were doing.

Why would you ever take something from the store that you did not pay for?

Why would you want defective products?

If you need to take defective products or food from the store without paying for them, you might want to reevaluate your life. You may want to reevaluate where you work, how much you will accept as salary, how you spend your money, etc.

Why would you ever take something from the store that you did not pay for?

Why would you want defective products?

If you need to take defective products or food from the store without paying for them, you might want to reevaluate your life. You may want to reevaluate where you work, how much you will accept as salary, how you spend your money, etc.
Well, some stuff is defected just because the packaging is destroyed, but the product inside is still good. Things like underwear and socks.

As for food, it could be bags of fun size or mini candy bars, with the bag ripped but the sealed candy inside still good. Also could be stuff about to expire, but still good for a few days.

I'm not recommending it or saying it's right at all, but I can see how stuff would be classified as "defective" but still be usable.

Our store sometimes puts food stuffs especially the seasonal ones in the break room . 2 years back we purged our backroom candy aisle( which was then a complete mess) and you won’t believe how much chocolate were found which are about to expire . They put all of them in break room for us . Asked us to take as much as we want . Then poor candy corns !! Nobody took those though..

I'm not recommending it or saying it's right at all, but I can see how stuff would be classified as "defective" but still be usable.
Which it’s true that’s why when it promts donate , it should be scan into the donation bin. It’s how target gets write of on tax , when is salvage same way you get credit so forth and so on. The receiver should have bins for esim and as well as donations everything gets scanned in.

Update: I was given the opportunity to come forward and confess to what was done to AP and SD. After our meeting, AP expressed that it will be documented as a coaching which I am unsure if it is a disciplinary action or not. I followed up with the AP ETL to understand what that means and it was stated that it was going to be communicated from the SD to HR that the SD and AP ETL had the conversation with me; however, I’m not sure if a report is being filed stating that which I do not trust.

Back