Archived Would you go into work for a 3 hour shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on how far away from the store you live,

E0rdW2O.gif

If this was still 2015 I'd say sure because that meant other people at my store got similar shifts but we're going to call out meaning that 3 hour is now an 8 hour. But since its 2016 and we can't find payroll to have enough cashiers to handle the Sunday rush, nah.

I went in for a half hour because there was no one in the store to cover a break in Starbucks. Covered food ave too because why the hell not, I was already there.

But I'm a bit crazy...

We give you minimum two hours even if you showup to get termed and are in and out in five minutess.

No, 3 hours is an interruption to my day and whatever I had planned.

When I am scheduled 5 or more hours, then my job is my primary focus and all my other activities fall in around that block of time. 3 hours or less, that activity (work or something else) likely not my primary focus for the day.

No, I live 35 minutes away. Not worth it. If they really needed me, they can pay me my driving time that day. Then I'd go in.

I hate those shifts but they're money so I do it. It's better than NO shift.
Shit is picking up now and I've got all long shifts so sticking it out during the slow times is paying off.

I've done it before and OH LOOK I'VE BEEN HERE 5 HOURS SOMEHOW. I WONDER HOW THAT HAPPENED I GUESS THE TIME JUST SLIPPED AWAY FROM ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back