Archived Would you go into work for a 3 hour shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got scheduled for a 6th day for 3 hours. I still have 40 hours but the last two days of the week are broken up into a 5 hour and then 3 hour shift?

Would you even bother going in for a shift like that? They gave all the brtm off so they need someone for the 1 and 3 autofills...

I got scheduled for a 6th day for 3 hours. I still have 40 hours but the last two days of the week are broken up into a 5 hour and then 3 hour shift?

Would you even bother going in for a shift like that? They gave all the brtm off so they need someone for the 1 and 3 autofills...
The law where I live doesn't allow a shift under 3.5 hours.

When I worked Cash office I was sometimes only scheduled for just that.

I'm only 5 minutes away, so yes - I'd go in.

It'd depend if I was around or anything like that. I probably wouldn't commute my commute to do that regularly but if something came up and they needed some support I'd try and fit it into what else I was doing.

Absolutely not, I would tell them like I've done before to my TL's "If I'm going to come in for only 3 hours, then you guys don't schedule me at all. I've got better things to do than just come here and waste my time because I don't work as a hobby. And please tell this to (ETL's name)"

Yup I don't care if I'm being rude about it I just tell them off like that, I'm just way too honest and sincere.

I wouldnt go in for a 3 hour shift. However, I would talk to my etl/her and or etl about it . A couple years ago they scheduled me a three hour shift. I went to my etl and explained it didn't make sense for me to go in for three hours. You take in consideration the amount of time traveling to and from the store gas etc. More than likely three hours is just not worth it . More times than not they will either add an hour or two to your shift or find someone else to cover it .

I don't have any kids and I live close by. I would go in. It's probably a one time thing, they didn't have any other options. Be flexible and don't complain and most likely you will gain the reputation for being reliable and easy going and it will help you when you want to promote or change departments or just need a schedule change for whatever reason.
If it really bothers you ask if you can combine your two short shifts and just work 8 hours on the day they need help with CAF pulls.

Are they planning to pay you OT if you don't get them finished by 4?

I went in for a half hour because there was no one in the store to cover a break in Starbucks. Covered food ave too because why the hell not, I was already there.

But I'm a bit crazy...

I stopped by the store to pick up a few things and covered a lunch once.

Not unless it was for OT.

Although they're crazy if they think you'll get the 3s pulled by 4. So if you start that shift hat 1pm, having already worked 37 hours, then yeah I'd say it's worth it. Either they pay you OT to finish pulling, or you clock out and chill in TSC with a walkie for a bit, listening to the LOD scramble.

Not unless it was for OT.

Although they're crazy if they think you'll get the 3s pulled by 4. So if you start that shift hat 1pm, having already worked 37 hours, then yeah I'd say it's worth it. Either they pay you OT to finish pulling, or you clock out and chill in TSC with a walkie for a bit, listening to the LOD scramble.

I will take option 2, listening to the chaos..

Are they planning to pay you OT if you don't get them finished by 4?
I'm actually a really fast puller. I pull 2 hour cafs in 40 mins. It doesn't mean I'd want to do it on a short shift though

It all depends on how far away from the store you live, is a forty five minute drive worth each way and the gas it entails, worth three hours work?
Also, do you have a personal life, friends, family, school, etc. that this is going to even take a small bite out of?
Do you care enough about your coworkers and the your bosses to want to back them up in their time of need?
All of this stuff would be going through my head, if I was to be honest.

My store won't schedule anyone for under 4 hours except for special circumstances. I've seen someone who had a 2 hour shift once, and I had one of my 4 hour shifts bumped down to 3 hours at the last minute, but then my TL just let me stay for an extra hour anyway. Since I live close by, I would go in regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back