Archived YAY!!! New Card Readers! Yay!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yayyy!!!!!

http://gph.is/XKrquS

My store *finally* received new card readers. I find it sad that I'm so ecstatic about this fact. Our new ones are black with touch screens and push buttons. I'm hoping these will be more user friendly.

Did not examine them too much, but I hope it has a separate button for credit now. Does anyone know if it still asks "Do you want this all on the card?"

I'm not a cashier for front lanes but I do work electronics so card readers affect me too. I'm sure I'm going to be excited once we get ours in since these old ones cause too much trouble with guests >.>

Do they still ask: "Do you want it all on the card?" On debit transactions?

I hate that stupid question. Ties up my line when we get busy and it's pointless.

Yayyy!!!!!

http://gph.is/XKrquS

My store *finally* received new card readers. I find it sad that I'm so ecstatic about this fact. Our new ones are black with touch screens and push buttons. I'm hoping these will be more user friendly.

Did not examine them too much, but I hope it has a separate button for credit now. Does anyone know if it still asks "Do you want this all on the card?"

Yes at the end it does. Our store got these about a month ago and they seem to work a lot better, at least so far. The old ones would always go out of sync with the registers or took a minute to catch up with the transaction. I would like to think spot got these just because the old ones were junk but I am sure it partly had to do with the whole credit card hacking issue. Either way this was the best ideal spot has had in a while they work much better.

YAY!!!! But at the same time, BOO to the fake smiles I'll force myself to give at the constant comments about the new readers ("how do these fancy new things work?/How do I put it in?/It's about time, Publix has had these for decades") in addition to the already obnoxious "Do I want it all on the card??? No, I want it on YOUR card" or "Do I want it all on the card??? No, I want to pay 17 cents in cash."

They work a lot smoother, which I'm glad of. I'm also glad they have the chip and pin option.
I wanted to yell at a father yesterday when he let his screaming and bratty four year old son yank repeatedly on the pen. Are you kidding me? They are new, can't you control your kid? See, this is why we don't get nice things!

YAY!!!! But at the same time, BOO to the fake smiles I'll force myself to give at the constant comments about the new readers ("how do these fancy new things work?/How do I put it in?/It's about time, Publix has had these for decades") in addition to the already obnoxious "Do I want it all on the card??? No, I want it on YOUR card" or "Do I want it all on the card??? No, I want to pay 17 cents in cash."
NO!! My elderly guest want's to put 20 dollars on her debit card, take 5 dollars off her gift card, 5 dollars worth of coupons, and will pay the rest with a check before parking our electric cart next to her car and leaving it for the rain storm that's about to hit us in 5 minutes.

My store is getting these next week. Half of our card readers crapped out today, so this is a very welcome change!

I hate that stupid question. Ties up my line when we get busy and it's pointless.

Yes they do. The store where I usually shop got these new card readers a while ago.

When they've entered in their PIN, I just ALWAYS say "And there'll be two more questions... (they select their cash back options) and say 'yes, you want it all on one card'"

I don't know if this happens within the store or if it was a company-wide thing but we had an entire month (or more) after they were installed before they would stop freezing on us on a regular basis. There's nothing more infuriating than being told to backup on a lane with a frozen reader and the GSTL has already started a line at the lane, meaning the first guest has already unloaded their cart.

I went in to do a return today. My store has em. Same thing as before, but smoother, nicer looking. The touchscreen seemed more responsive, too. Think I'm gonna upgrade my cards to chip and pin, now.

Is anyone willing to post a picture? I have no idea when my store is supposed to get them.

Is anyone willing to post a picture? I have no idea when my store is supposed to get them.
The new card readers are Verifone MX915's (at least I think they are, they look a lot like that particular model) , I'd post a pic but I'm currently on my phone, if you Google it you should see it.

Edit: got a picture
verifone-mx-915-front_light.jpg

Last edited:
We got our new readers today (Monday) and three new registers. They are phasing our registers in over a three day period. I'm guessing that the three day thing is to make sure that we have functioning registers.

I'm sure my store won't get ours for another 3-4 months, but I can dream. New registers too eh? What'd they change?

We got our new readers today (Monday) and three new registers. They are phasing our registers in over a three day period. I'm guessing that the three day thing is to make sure that we have functioning registers.
what are the differences between the old registers And the new registers?

Well, I'm not sure what the differences are. When I came in I was assigned an old register. So far, it only looks like there is new electronic stuff under the registers and the register screens are bigger. I won't know more until I go back on Wednesday. By then all the registers will have been replaced and I'll get assigned to a new one.

The chip readers on our machines are blocked out and we can't figure out how to fix it. It's a problem when 8/10 guests are from canada and try to insert their chip cards into our fancy new machines.

The chip readers on our machines are blocked out and we can't figure out how to fix it. It's a problem when 8/10 guests are from canada and try to insert their chip cards into our fancy new machines.
Yeah ours too!! Why would they install new readers and put a cover over the chip readers?!? Wasn't that the point of installing the new readers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back