Archived Yearly reviews & quick question about holiday pay

How many merit reviews should we get each year?

• Just Once, the current method is fine.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Twice a year

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Once after each quarter

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it pertains to only have one review a year, I think it should be done Quarterly! I hear employees who work in distribution centers get quarter raises, why shouldn't the rest of employees get that?

At DC's the employee's receive a graduated raise every 6 months until we've reach our 2 year anniversary after witch your considered "topped out" for your position, however you are free to apply for openings assuming your not on a corrective action, and try to get into a higher wage position where the 2 year graduated period begins for you again. This of course does not include the annual cost of living pay adjustment, now i haven't been with Target corporation long enough yet to know if we receive an annual review, but my GL is pretty good about letting you know how he feels your doing.

i went above and beyond last year, busted my ass picked up extra shifts stayed late and worked hard. Got me a whole 0.05, this year i stopped caring so i dont expect much

Actually, it depends on which DC you are in, some get 6 month progression others get 3 months. And yes, you get cost of living and yearlys as well.
At DC's the employee's receive a graduated raise every 6 months until we've reach our 2 year anniversary after witch your considered "topped out" for your position, however you are free to apply for openings assuming your not on a corrective action, and try to get into a higher wage position where the 2 year graduated period begins for you again. This of course does not include the annual cost of living pay adjustment, now i haven't been with Target corporation long enough yet to know if we receive an annual review, but my GL is pretty good about letting you know how he feels your doing.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that, I sure wish you better this year. The problem with working hard is that it means you are there all the time, which means you are more likely to make a mistake the more hours you work. Shame they remember only the bad about some employees.
i went above and beyond last year, busted my ass picked up extra shifts stayed late and worked hard. Got me a whole 0.05, this year i stopped caring so i dont expect much

I am expecting an E. However, I was surprised with the raise I got last year. My ETL must have been really generous or my TL really liked me or I must have done something outstanding that wasn't to my knowledge. But I got a 23 cent raise on my last yearly review and had only been with the company a year!

PullMeBackIn, can you please private message me? I got a question to ask you in regards to APL and am hoping you can give me some realistic advice for someone considering the role. Thank you.

My TL already wrote my review and may or may not have let my score slip, although he did say that it could still change and that he is open to bribes.

I was on vacation when our store had our annual merit meeting where we decide TM scores. I wrote a very long and in-depth email about what TMs deserved what scores before I left. When I got back I saw that all of my backroom TMs have been given IEs, MUCH lower than the scores I recommended. Apparently this year any TMs who have been in position less than 6 months are being given IEs because of their "growth opportunities" instead of true scores based off their actual performance. (At least in my store.) I was absolutely disgusted. I told our HR that I will be writing their reviews with my original recommended scores, and if they want to go in behind me and rewrite them they can take my name off them. And we wonder why retention is the way it is! The most frustrating part for me is that my name will be attached to them, but I will be on maternity leave and won't be delivering them. Total frustration.

I was on vacation when our store had our annual merit meeting where we decide TM scores. I wrote a very long and in-depth email about what TMs deserved what scores before I left. When I got back I saw that all of my backroom TMs have been given IEs, MUCH lower than the scores I recommended. Apparently this year any TMs who have been in position less than 6 months are being given IEs because of their "growth opportunities" instead of true scores based off their actual performance. (At least in my store.) I was absolutely disgusted. I told our HR that I will be writing their reviews with my original recommended scores, and if they want to go in behind me and rewrite them they can take my name off them. And we wonder why retention is the way it is! The most frustrating part for me is that my name will be attached to them, but I will be on maternity leave and won't be delivering them. Total frustration.

I hate that you had to spend all that time and effort and they just squash it.
It just shows that it's all a numbers game - in spots favor.
I do agree with you about the retention issue too.

The shame of this all is that a big part of it is based on budget. So things are predetermined how much money is available, and then a predetermined % of people must fit into each category to make the budget stay balanced. So even if you think everyone deserve a Effective score, you must give a certain percentage an Inconsistency Effective score, and another percentage must get a failing score. And only a very small single digit percentage can be given Oustanding. It's just really too bad how things are done.
I hate that you had to spend all that time and effort and they just squash it.
It just shows that it's all a numbers game - in spots favor.
I do agree with you about the retention issue too.

I would never assume anything, reviews many times are based on percentages, they have a fixed percentage of people that are allowed outstanding, only those in the top 5% performance in the entire store will get that rating, and even then their raise could be as little as 2-3%
Memorial Day.

I'm pretty sure i'll have an Outstanding review and i would honestly be shocked if i didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back