Archived You guys are scaring me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently an EIT in training and wow, all these posts i read are scary, such as.
"I have seen 3 ETL LOG's in the last 6 months..."
"My 18 months in the store i saw 2 HL's, 2HR's, 1 LOG, 2 GE ETL's leave"

When everyone says ETL turnover is crazy high, is it because they are quitting freely because the work stinks? Or are DTL's/STL's really terminating ETl's like flies after one bad move?
(also, how hard is it to term an ETL?(one that actually tries...)

thanks ya'll! :)

I've seen it take over a year to terminate an ETL-LOG who was basically useless. I also know of 2 ETL-LOG who were terminated immediately for illegally altering their TMs hours worked (one up, the other down). In general, you will be given the time to develop, and as long as they see progress, and you meet the career development goals they set for you, you will be fine.

You're spoon fed all this info about how you'll be delegating from the sidelines and leading huddles and motivating your team to achieve some great goals.

Then you hit the store and discover that you are severely understaffed compared to what resources you're being told you should have to get the job done. You end up unloading the truck yourself or working strays yourself or pushing cafs yourself. Because you're not an Executive, you're just an assistant manager who doesn't actually have anybody to manage.

Most Exs are young kids fresh out of college, for some this is thier first job too. So Target gives them a great talk about how it's going to be but when they get to the store they realize the job is not what was advertised. Most stay so they can pay college bills but the moment something better opens up elsewhere they run.

Turn over is high in most areas, regardless of position. In comparison to normal jobs, the turnover is outrageously high. With retail, though, this comes with the territory. The job isn't for everyone. It may be for you. It's not all bad for an ETL. If you can handle stress, manage expectations, and are good with your team, you'll be fine.

Just a note: some team members are just dicks. They hate authority. They don't like the fact that you're making 2-3 times more than them with less tenure. Deal with it.

At my store there are a few higher-ups I wish would leave but they've been around for about 2 years or more. Used to be 18 month turnaround time but I guess not anymore...unfortunately.

We've had a solid five stay for at least five years... because the STL likes them. Everyone else has left the building, or is planning to leave the building.

Gotta be thick skinned and a survivor to make it or at least tolerate it in retail. If not, you won't make it.

Etls have a shelf life of roughly 18 months !
That is target's way !
In 5 years , I saw 3 etl log , 4 etl hr , 2 etl ge !

First STL termed for Us being a focus store 2 years in a row second STL transferred then quit 3 rd STL quit after a year new STL new in position 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back