Archived Your STL

Status
Not open for further replies.
first, had no interaction with new people. had no idea she was a stl.

second was a temp. she was awesome. she'd notice if a hardlines tm took the time to do minor things.

third was an asshole. he would yell at people for minor shit. a lot of good people left

fourth was a nice guy. we cherished him cause he wasn't asshole. but a lot of things are slipping by cause he's not making it a point. he does put in a lot of hours, comes in on days off to do things that are needed but we don't have payroll.

August will be three years for me, and I'm on my 3rd STL who will soon be leaving.

Is this the norm?

FWIW, I'm told because we are a ULV store, it's a training store.

August will be three years for me, and I'm on my 3rd STL who will soon be leaving.

Is this the norm?

Good ones are often moved and poor ones let go. Some stay at one store a long time but it's not all that common

Generally, a training store has a strong STL, ETLs & TLs for trainees at whatever level.
We've been a training store for several areas.

Original STL was awesome: she was completely hands-on, would jump on a register, push, zone, whatever was needed while walking the floor. You always felt confident and at ease if you needed to speak with her. She even worked about 3 overnight shifts a month which I loved because she would even throw the truck with me on occasion - totally awesome btw! Always gave props to TMs, TL's etc for work done. She was completely bummed to be moved on to another local store but was well-liked by corporate as a "get-it-done" person.

Current STL was an ETL here. Boring. Never even says "hi" to you as you walk by (unless you've filed a complaint). Many didn't even know he was the STL until told, including myself. His "overnight" shifts consist of working 30 minutes past close about once per month.

I miss our original STL ... I hear she's somewhere "back East" now. *sigh* :(

Very rarely ever see our STL. I might see our STL maybe 5 days out of the whole month. Our STL spends more time out of the store than in the store. Wonder what the purpose of having a STL when they are barely in the store.

We got a new STL once our old one transferred and im so happy she did, the new guy is the best thing to happen to our store, He finally puts the ETLs in their place as one basically personally shops when working and constantly face down in her phone and the other is just a very unapproachable person. He tried really hard to learn everyone's names in the first couple weeks and he nailed it. he is so approachable and such a nice forgiving person for the position he is in.
The best part was he came up and introduced himself when i was covering a GSTL break and he noticed i was aiming to move up when im with the job and he trusts me enough to run the front until the other GSTLs come on which is a great start.

My STL is rarely here. He spends most of his time at a local-ish "red" store that is struggling. They have an STL who was only in role for about a month before she left on maternity leave and her baby is having health issues so she's still out for a few more months until she gets through the rough patch - but from what I know she is a rockstar.

Our STL Who is over there most of the time currently though is also fantastic.
He can be a bit obnoxious ith how over the top "flamboyantly positive" he can be and sometimes has a hard time speaking without sounding like a corporate robot unless he's off stage 1 on 1 in his office. That said though he is a great worker on and off the floor. He is still one of the quickest at unloading & staging the truck. We were all pretty nervous when we had to cut a lot of payroll one week back in March and he literally cut out the entire flow team from a truck day and said we were going to do it with all us ETL's, himself, and the Flow TL. 7 of us total, 6am process. We still had the floor clear by 9am. He probably unloaded & staged 50% of the truck himself.
He also is great at strategizing and makes a black friday as easy as it could be. He has told me he has a 50/50 rule where he plans an average day to be on the floor 50% of the time and off-stage 50% of the time. If it's going to be any more offstage he lets us know. I'd say he sticks to it pretty good and often is on the floor much more. If we're well caught up with everything he's always running around scanning for outs/flexing and looking for projects.

He's a good guy and a strong worker. His personality can be a bit much but I couldn't ask for a better leader.

My STL is awesome. She came from a high risk store so she actually cares about AP. She knows Target and retail in general and knows a ton about selling.

Most of the leaders in my store don't like her because our past STL was the kind that lets leader do whatever they want, but my current STL actually sets expectations for them. Big improvement.

My STL is one of the worst people I've ever met. Racist, sexist, and old. The world would be a better place without her. The only consolation is her daughter is meh.

My STL is one of the worst people I've ever met. Racist, sexist, and old. The world would be a better place without her. The only consolation is her daughter is meh.

Racist and sexist? Tell us more.

"Of course they're returning used clothing. They're black."

I've got a few sexist instances, even a couple directed toward me. Demoralized a former TL because she was an old woman for "trying to do a job a man was made to do." ETL AP is visibly uncomfortable around her. We are in a district where everyone above ETL is female.

"Of course they're returning used clothing. They're black."

I've got a few sexist instances, even a couple directed toward me. Demoralized a former TL because she was an old woman for "trying to do a job a man was made to do." ETL AP is visibly uncomfortable around her. We are in a district where everyone above ETL is female.

Seriously WTF?

It's a shame that the HR department doesn't give a fuck because where I work it wouldn't matter if you were the boss a comment like that would have you taking classes on diversity so fast your head would spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back