Archived Your store's equipment situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what qmos is, so have no idea who does it.
For return license plates to the system the GSA or GSTL does it using the registers at GS.
We don't double check license plates....we just separate them (RED, Yellow, Green.) and box them up.

Little correction to your statement. Anyone can reverse a license plate on a defective item. Its one of the rf Apps on the Pdas, its been 2+ years since I've done it, but, it is under reverse logistics

qmos = quantity mark out of stock. (essentially red lp) it is an rf app that is used for food/perishable items. IMO much better than defecting since you can enter a quantity from 1-99 when you are marking it out (all perishables must be marked out this way, i.e deli, produce, pfresh, etc.)

And I know that the method for CRC (yellow) defectives at my store required us to close the box by printing the slip and going thru to verify that all the items were in there and then initialing the slip, taping the slip to the inside of the box and then sealing it with the tamper proof tape. Don't know if that is the same at all locs though.

Don't know what qmos is, so have no idea who does it.
For return license plates to the system the GSA or GSTL does it using the registers at GS.
We don't double check license plates....we just separate them (RED, Yellow, Green.) and box them up.

If Guest Service doesn't do the QMOS, then P-Fresh/Grocery takes care of it. At my store, the P-Fresh closer comes to the service desk and does the QMOS right there in case any is chargeback and needs to be defected instead.

Many stores require LP Audit for CRC and salvage. Some also audit reds, but most of it (Red Toss, not Special Handling) is going in the trash anyways.

This thread is about store's equipment situation. In my store the front end hardly ever has a PDA.
With no PDA the question was "who does QMOS?" As far as I understand it, only the GSA or GSTL can do a return license plate.

So, I'm sure that it is possible for others to do it, but that's not an option at my store.

Anyone can do qmos. Doing correctly is the key. Just ask your pfresh tl or market tl or tm's in those areas on how to do it.
Type in qmos in Rf apps, then select out of temp or whatever, scan item or type dpci, enter more than one if needed & you are done. Put in clear bag & tell ctl or pfresh, that qmos is at gs. Also, let your Lod know too.

We actually just got more walkies and pdas for the upcoming holiday season /happy dance

A true vibe moment for our store, its AMAZING to see 10+ pdas and walkies whenever I need to grab one =)

The last few days when I come in I'm really lucky if there's even 1 pda in the equipment room. Even luckier still if it's acually at 100%. Then if there's a walkie....

The last few days when I come in I'm really lucky if there's even 1 pda in the equipment room. Even luckier still if it's acually at 100%. Then if there's a walkie....

Grabbing a walkie is more important than a PDA. You can communicate better. PDA vs price checker are same thing.

Last edited:
We have 24 pda ! And 5 lpda ...( for etl/tl)
9 pdas are working fine ! And the rest are either not scanning ,or don't hold a charge ,or simply reboot every 5 mn !
If only the backroom tms would stop hiding them ....

But we have plenty walkies ! ( a few are in sad shape )

We sign everything out ,even the locks for our lockers ( very ,very old store !)

We have 24 pda ! And 5 lpda ...( for etl/tl)
9 pdas are working fine ! And the rest are either not scanning ,or don't hold a charge ,or simply reboot every 5 mn !
If only the backroom tms would stop hiding them ....

But we have plenty walkies ! ( a few are in sad shape )

We sign everything out ,even the locks for our lockers ( very ,very old store !)

if that many aren't working you should hound your equipment captain lol.

Grabbing a walkie is more important than a PDA. You can communicate better. PDA vs price checker are same thing.

Yesterday, there were 2 walkies that weren't charged. I took one to gs to get a battery. I had 3 tasks on the task list to do that I couldn't even start with because I needed a pda. The price checkers are good except you can't check multiple locations.

Not at our store. PDAs are like gold. No one really wants a walkie, but we all get them because we have a good number and our equipment leader just last week labeled and assigned each walkie to the various departments. Good idea, but it is not walkies we are having trouble keeping.. it's PDAs. Hell everyone in electronics uses our phones with the Target app to do item searches (since it says the aisle) and the registers to price check. But we need PDAs to flex, set endcaps, zone entertainment... pretty much everything else. And we never get them because we are considered low priority seeing as the 11 PDAs we have are used for people who absolutely absolutely have to have one (like mentioned in my OP, backroom, price change, etc).

Do you by chance know if there is a limit to the amount of PDAs a store can order every year? Because it is getting so ridiculous and we aren't getting them in at all.

I love getting sent out to go get carts without a walkie. Then I can't be bothered for a darn thing and can get as many carts as I please until someone meets me at the right door to bring me back inside. ;-)

My store is a Class D ULV store, with about 70-80 regular TM's. We have about 20 PDA's, 5 LPDA's and walkies in about the mid 20's and that barely gets us by, especially on truck days. Your situation, however, sounds near impossible. I feel sorry for you!

What's my store's equipment situation?

"We have 32 PDAs and none in the cabinet, where the **** are the other 29 that aren't signed out?"
"We have ~42 walkies and none in the cabinet, where the **** are the other 37 that aren't signed out?"
"We have 2 full sets of backroom keys...where the **** are the crown and baler keys for them?"
"We have 4 sets of equipment keys (crown + baler), WHY THE **** ARE ALL 4 IN THE CABINET, JUST HANGING THERE AS EMPTY KEY RINGS?"
"We have ~15 printers and none in the cabinet, where the **** are ALL 15 of them?"

That about covers it.

We had an ETL-OPS until a few months ago. She was religiously your-head-in-a-****ing-guillotine-for-not-signing-out-your-equipment-or-for-leaving-the-cabinet-unlocked about everything, but her time at our store was up, so she was moved to another store in the district. Equipment control went to high holy hell 5 seconds flat after she left. Can't do **** about the equipment if the other 8 ETLs can't be bothered to do the hard and annoying work of keeping everything tracked and everyone accountable.

Not at our store. PDAs are like gold. No one really wants a walkie, but we all get them because we have a good number and our equipment leader just last week labeled and assigned each walkie to the various departments. Good idea, but it is not walkies we are having trouble keeping.. it's PDAs. Hell everyone in electronics uses our phones with the Target app to do item searches (since it says the aisle) and the registers to price check. But we need PDAs to flex, set endcaps, zone entertainment... pretty much everything else. And we never get them because we are considered low priority seeing as the 11 PDAs we have are used for people who absolutely absolutely have to have one (like mentioned in my OP, backroom, price change, etc).

Do you by chance know if there is a limit to the amount of PDAs a store can order every year? Because it is getting so ridiculous and we aren't getting them in at all.

Have you tried going up the chain of command? If you have and nothing is being done, then call Integrity hotline. If equipment is that scarce and tasks are not getting done, more product staying longer in backroom cos Instocks can't get more than one PDA, etc, etc.

Use the Vibe philosophy against them to make the point, because it's a really subtle troll while holding your leaders accountable per Best Practice standards -- yada yada target culture buzzwords.

"Man. I really wish I could have the opportunity to create more AMAZING moments where I can connect with a guest! One came in and wanted an item that was out of stock. I didn't have a PDA, so I grabbed the DPCI digits and announced that I had a guest looking for an item on Ad this week and I was currently assisting them. Request item check to see if any locs in BR and everything from line is pushed. Barring that, could they check other stores nearby and see if it's Instock there. Etc. Filler bull**** details."

Hell, I'd close with a lament that you only tried to vibe so hard but only got so far. In the end, it doesn't even matter! If you could only just make the sales floor be so amazing!! If only your were wielding a PDA in its black holster, just itching to be pulled and expertly utilized to create that Vibe that forces a paradigm shift. Reality is now.. amazing.

Basically, you gotta fight for your right to vibe! (parrrrrty!) If I don't like something, I do what it takes to change it.

We were sharing 1 walkie between 2 of us until the other tm managed to actually get one on his break. But all night we were sharing 1 pda between 3 of us. Then just before close price change came in and said we need 9 pdas for the team. (I'm thinking, well, good luck with that). Next thing I hear over the walkie is the overnight tl saying we need 10 pdas for my team. It's crazy! I don't know where they all go. It usually gets bad with all the seasonal hires but this year has been insane! Most of them are out being repaired.

We won't even come to close to having, as many team members as you do at for the 4th quarter and more PDAs. Walkies seem harder to come by, as we have a box of radios that don't always work. Some will turn off or work only to hear, but not speak or the other way around. Also have one that only works with a headset. Most of the time our problem with radios is people checking out, but not using the respond to back-up cashier or outside phone calls. Also get people on our flow team that get PDAs when they really don't need them or that need them later and won't share until they move to instocks or price changes. Our equipment used to be stored in the closet at the fitting rooms (door could be locked and was for a while), but now is in a company issued locked cabinet in GS office. Just wished my key from the fitting rooms would have worked on the cabinet.

this isn't an issue at our store at all. But we have an equipment captain and she takes care of stuff asap. If you tell her a pda isn't working she'll try and fix it and if not it gets sent out either that day or the next. sometimes in the cross over in the morning it'll be a bit tight but it's usually fine after 9 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back