1.5x for Memorial and July 4th?

IMHO Target's tiered benefits packages and eligibility requirements are a bit confuzzled. I don't know if it's a majority, but a very large number of store TMs don't meet the 29.5 hours/week average over the previous 12 months and therefore receive no holiday pay.

Corporate or DC TMs: six (6) paid holidays.
Store-level ETLs & TLs: six (6) paid holidays.
Some store-level TMs: two (2) paid holidays.
Many store-level TMs : zero (0) paid holidays.

Is this a fairly accurate summary of the tiered eligibility for vacation pay?

Last edited:
Unless you are a Tl and then you do get paid even if you don’t work.

Same for full-time TM's. I have worked 8 hour shifts on holidays and gotten paid for 20 hours as a TM. (8*1.5+8=20)

You have to be a TL or higher to get paid for all holidays whether you work them or not. Only full-time TM’s get paid for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I definitely have gotten paid 8 extra hours for a lot more than those two days.

Same for full-time TM's. I have worked 8 hour shifts on holidays and gotten paid for 20 hours as a TM. (8*1.5+8=20)

I definitely have gotten paid 8 extra hours for a lot more than those two days.
Memorial, 4th of July , thanksgiving and Christmas.
However I was saying that even if I didn’t work them I would still get paid for it because Tl get paid for all holidays even if the don’t work.

Memorial, 4th of July , thanksgiving and Christmas.However I was saying that even if I didn’t work them I would still get paid for it because Tl get paid for all holidays even if the don’t work.
TLs get six paid holidays, the only holidays which Target observes.

For pay purposes, Target doesn't recognize some legal holidays which are paid holidays for other businesses. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President's Day, Veterans Day and Columbus Day (aka Aboriginal Peoples Day) are excluded from holiday pay, not to mention Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Good Friday, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Halloween, and Boxing Day.

Back