1 for 1's efficiency

We made it a policy that if you put something in backstock, you have to update sfq and capacity. Otherwise it doesn't matter anyways.

That's kind of how I do it. I try to check when I am setting.

And if I have backstock, I try to check before back stocking.

Some of my endcap SFQs are way off. Home locations are usually only off by less than 3, but even some of those say 100 fit, when 36 is more realistic.

I’m saying that if I select chem man caf , I can select any other type of batches for chem such as pc and oos , and yes I have to scroll thru it but combine all those batches into one task without needing to finish one to start the other .
I always pull my batches together (except price change, because you have to ticket them and when you pull them together it doesn't tell you which batch it was it). Just check all of your boxes.

You should be dropping your one for one batch right before you pull it, not sooner. The more time you have in between when you drop the batch and pull it, the more things are going to sell that aren’t going to get pulled in the batch. If your one for ones aren’t going out onto the floor and seem excessive, make sure you check all locations (in-line, endcaps, sidecaps, checklanes, amplified gifting fixtures) and then if it still doesn’t go out, update your SFQ and make sure your capacities are correct :)

I'm pretty sure the idea is to have one for ones automatically drop. The problem currently is floor counts don't update until the batch is complete. They were going to add an "I'm done" button to manually end the batch and update floor counts. So they might be waiting on this before stores get stuck with impossible thousand item batches that cannot be realistically completed.

1f1’s for tech at least my way we got it to where they are done at least once each by the opener & closer as long as that stays consistent we never have more then 10 items pull between all fillgroups.

The SFQ for video games is a joke that takes so much time because every revision it has to be done over. There will never be a time to here 257 of 1 game fits in just 1 location. I wish there was a way using the video game isles as a example to that since there’s so many slots for them and in side the case that cooperate doesn’t manually figure it out and within the system set that as a max that the capacity can be but I know that’s wishful thinking.

You should be dropping your one for one batch right before you pull it, not sooner. The more time you have in between when you drop the batch and pull it, the more things are going to sell that aren’t going to get pulled in the batch. If your one for ones aren’t going out onto the floor and seem excessive, make sure you check all locations (in-line, endcaps, sidecaps, checklanes, amplified gifting fixtures) and then if it still doesn’t go out, update your SFQ and make sure your capacities are correct :)
My experience is that the 1-4-1's seem to continue to update between dropping the batch and pulling the batch. The numbers definitely have changed between the two.

It takes 2 seconds for each dbo to drop their one for one

Talked to the two main tl's who drop the 1for1's. Both agreed it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to drop all in the store. So I'm still saying that at a minimum, Target is paying 167 hours a day to drop 1for1's manually that could be dropped automatically. But if Target wants to waste time and money by being inefficient .....

Talked to the two main tl's who drop the 1for1's. Both agreed it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to drop all in the store. So I'm still saying that at a minimum, Target is paying 167 hours a day to drop 1for1's manually that could be dropped automatically. But if Target wants to waste time and money by being inefficient .....
But why is the Tl doing it? It takes each dbo ( because they own their shit) only 2 seconds . I’m not asking the Tl to do it I’m asking the dbos

This reminds me, I've wondered for years why preties don't happen automatically, since HQ has the adjacency and has the POGs. Is it really more efficient to make every store mash those TINY + buttons in Set Workload to pretie for every set?

But why is the Tl doing it? It takes each dbo ( because they own their shit) only 2 seconds . I’m not asking the Tl to do it I’m asking the dbos

TLs often do it at my store. The DBO might not be coming in until later in the day. Or they might get diverted to another workcenter (hello market and fulfillment!). Sometimes the TLs are just wanting to check on an area and dropping/pushing the 1 for 1's is a good way to spend some time there.

I don't know. The way my store does it apparently. Maybe how our SD wants it done. I don't have that information. I routinely come in and 1 of the 2 tl's is sitting at TSC scanning the cheat sheet and dropping the 1F1's.

This reminds me, I've wondered for years why preties don't happen automatically, since HQ has the adjacency and has the POGs. Is it really more efficient to make every store mash those TINY + buttons in Set Workload to pretie for every set?
Not every store puts them the way the maps are. Sometimes the maps are pretty foolishly made. At my store instead of having 26 sections for the furniture/art aisle, we go against the map and divide it into 2 different aisles so that when the truck is being sorted, they don't crush clocks under a pile of heavy tv stands.

I think one reason to have someone drop them all at once is that as the day progresses, it makes it obvious which ones haven't been completed yet. It is easier to check up on it and make sure the dbo gets to it. Otherwise some might assume that because the batch isn't there, it has already been completed. That's my thinking anyway

I think one reason to have someone drop them all at once is that as the day progresses, it makes it obvious which ones haven't been completed yet. It is easier to check up on it and make sure the dbo gets to it. Otherwise some might assume that because the batch isn't there, it has already been completed. That's my thinking anyway
Well if p1 does their zone then drop manual next on task is to pull it they come at 4 am. Next at 9 am p2 comes same routine. And as for assuming you always have reports to see what got dropped and what didn’t just like you see how long it took to pull and what’s left.

The point of a ManCaf 1-1 is for you to be able to pick and chose based off workload. Setting OTC? Why would you have an auto drop at 3am when you can finish setting and have your POG TMs pull their pog batches THEN drop a 1-1 and have the DBO pull it. It allows the team to have options. It’s not designed and meant for one person to sit there and drop them all everyday. The only metric that’s tracked is 1-1 completion not how many batches you drop.

The point of a ManCaf 1-1 is for you to be able to pick and chose based off workload. Setting OTC? Why would you have an auto drop at 3am when you can finish setting and have your POG TMs pull their pog batches THEN drop a 1-1 and have the DBO pull it. It allows the team to have options. It’s not designed and meant for one person to sit there and drop them all everyday. The only metric that’s tracked is 1-1 completion not how many batches you drop.

That's assuming the DBO of that area will be there after they are done setting.

I'm not in the information loop when talking about metrics. But, I have heard two etl's at my store state on the walkie, "I need everyone to make sure their 1F1's are dropped before noon." They even had people drop 1F1's when the DBO of that area wasn't there that day and no one was going to pull the manuals.

That's assuming the DBO of that area will be there after they are done setting.

I'm not in the information loop when talking about metrics. But, I have heard two etl's at my store state on the walkie, "I need everyone to make sure their 1F1's are dropped before noon." They even had people drop 1F1's when the DBO of that area wasn't there that day and no one was going to pull the manuals.
That was when autos were a thing. You needed to drop them by noon to override your autos. Autos aren’t a thing so there’s no need to drop anything you’re not gonna pull.

Back