1 for 1's efficiency

So I'm confused. Every morning, someone takes a sheet of labels and creates manual 1 for 1's for each fill group.

I just don't understand how this is eff9cient. If this is the company directive, why not just have them auto create everyday.

I've had etls talk about efficiency and wasting steps. How wasteful is it for over 2000 stores to do this every day. If it takes 5 minutes, and it takes longer, that's 5 X 2000. That's 167 EVERY DAY. How is that efficient?

Maybe I'm getting it wrong.

I think the reason they aren’t auto created is some days the ETLs will pick and choose which MAN CAFs to drop and have pulled depending on other workloads. If they auto drop and don’t get pulled it counts against the store in some metric is what I’ve been told.

I think the reason they aren’t auto created is some days the ETLs will pick and choose which MAN CAFs to drop and have pulled depending on other workloads. If they auto drop and don’t get pulled it counts against the store in some metric is what I’ve been told.

That's a valid consideration. But I've also heard that it counts against the store if they aren't dropped. "X and Y, drop your manuals even if you aren't going to pull them."

If the company doesn't want it to be a metric, then it doesn't have to be. But to waste hundreds of hours a day to fulfill a made up metric seems crazy.

More info on one for ones. Auto pulls are no more.

I feel the same way about fixing wildly inaccurate salesfloor capacities. Something that would take four seconds at corporate to fix for all stores (and does flag as an issue in their pog software!) and instead each store individually is wasting time updating. SMDH.

There has to be a simpler way. The fact that stores have had to make their own "cheat sheets" for even creating the 1for1s is ridiculous to me. Send one out monthly or quarterly and have it placed somewhere in the office for easy reference. Or make it part of the verbiage outside of each backroom aisle. But it should be corporate provided since they've been trying so hard to squash the whole ASANTS thing with Modernization.

Hell, make it possible in Move to see just the batches for selected fillgroups. Wouldn't it be nice to sort out just the batches available for your own area?

You are correct. When I help tech out on 1 for 1's, it worthless event. Everything is on the truck or doesn't come out on the manual pull(tv's).

Auto went away

Hell, make it possible in Move to see just the batches for selected fillgroups. Wouldn't it be nice to sort out just the batches available for your own area?
But it is available as such . Just click on the bottom 3 dots and you can select your batches ie man caf-exf-oos-pog -pc beds . You can do all that in one batch.

But it is available as such . Just click on the bottom 3 dots and you can select your batches ie man caf-exf-oos-pog -pc beds . You can do all that in one batch.

So you're telling me there's a way to see what would need to be pulled for only CHEM? And not any other fillgroups? I know you can sort by batch type but you still have to scroll through to find the fillgroup you want.

@allnew2, you can filter by type, but not pyramid or department. Why does a Style Consultant need to see CHEM, PETS, and TOY1 batches?

OFOs and manual CAFs in general are based solely off capacity - quantity, so it's possible that they don't automatically drop to make them work with "push all" unloads and varying acknowledgement times, but there's no reason why acknowledging a trailer couldn't automatically drop OFOs at the same time, with corrected counts based off what's on the trailer.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of OFOs. If product has a capacity of 18, but there's only 17 on the floor, there's ZERO need for that last one to be pulled to fill. Zero. It's a monumental waste of time and energy, especially in market or areas with dated product. I'd rather go back to having thresholds.

They should have focused on having smarter capacities for product instead, and especially on what's getting sent to stores. They could also periodically tweak the thresholds depending on season/current events/trends and forecasts. And, of course, still offer the OFO option.

Last edited:
So you're telling me there's a way to see what would need to be pulled for only CHEM? And not any other fillgroups? I know you can sort by batch type but you still have to scroll through to find the fillgroup you want.
I’m saying that if I select chem man caf , I can select any other type of batches for chem such as pc and oos , and yes I have to scroll thru it but combine all those batches into one task without needing to finish one to start the other .

but there's no reason why acknowledging a trailer couldn't automatically drop OFOs at the same time, with corrected counts based off what's on the trailer.
I agree with you . I think that they should drop the ofo right after the truck gets acknowledged just like it use to do with auto. Maybe they will catch up with that ( in 10 years)

I guess I don't understand the problem here, you can just create the batch before you do the pull. Takes about what, 15 seconds? It's better for filling the floor if it's created when you're going to start pulling, because then any sales that day up to that point will also be replenished.

Amen to capacities/sfq! I've been re- numbering all of our style departments so they actually make sense and a table that says M26 actually has a pig on it that is tied to that location. Which of course means I have to reset capacities for every pog. Hosiery alone was pretty annoying, the Xhil single packs have capacities of over 100 per peg! Girls folded pogs...23 per size per color 😥

I guess I don't understand the problem here, you can just create the batch before you do the pull. Takes about what, 15 seconds? It's better for filling the floor if it's created when you're going to start pulling, because then any sales that day up to that point will also be replenished.
They do something similar. The manual batches are "living" which means if you don't pull them right away, they grow bigger based on things you sell during the day

Amen to capacities/sfq! I've been re- numbering all of our style departments so they actually make sense and a table that says M26 actually has a pig on it that is tied to that location. Which of course means I have to reset capacities for every pog. Hosiery alone was pretty annoying, the Xhil single packs have capacities of over 100 per peg! Girls folded pogs...23 per size per color 😥
Amen to that. I’m a specialty sales team lead that started 6 weeks ago. I inherited destroyed departments from the previous tls that never coached DBOs on setting capacities. Since all of our DBOs have been pulled to market, I’ve been trying to do that for all product I currently have backstock of and its so tedious. I wish there was a way to enter the item number for a whole style (like all of one color of a T-shirt) and set capacities for the whole run. Instead of having to go through and scan each DPCI.

Amen to that. I’m a specialty sales team lead that started 6 weeks ago. I inherited destroyed departments from the previous tls that never coached DBOs on setting capacities. Since all of our DBOs have been pulled to market, I’ve been trying to do that for all product I currently have backstock of and its so tedious. I wish there was a way to enter the item number for a whole style (like all of one color of a T-shirt) and set capacities for the whole run. Instead of having to go through and scan each DPCI.

The last time we set cosmetics, they tried to tell us we needed to update the capacities/ sfqs. Lol. Yep, give me an extra 100 hours to do that.

The last time we set cosmetics, they tried to tell us we needed to update the capacities/ sfqs. Lol. Yep, give me an extra 100 hours to do that.
Yep. In my rare few moments that I have to guest ready my departments or push what little truck I receive, I’ve been trying to update as I go. But I’ve been pulled to do SFS or OPU for at least half of each shift for the last few weeks. So I haven’t made much headway haha.

I know!! For tables I have them print the pog labels out on regular paper and just scan that, much easier than thumbing through stacks. I've also gotten super ocd with our backroom and have been overusing the yellow navigational dividers to separate styles/brands for Fulfillment.

I know!! For tables I have them print the pog labels out on regular paper and just scan that, much easier than thumbing through stacks. I've also gotten super ocd with our backroom and have been overusing the yellow navigational dividers to separate styles/brands for Fulfillment.
That’s a good idea! I didn’t think about that for the pog labels. I’ll have to do that next time I work on it.

Back