1 minute compliance

Approaching, coming up on, getting close to, on the verge of. It's all bullshit.
In what ways?

Companies are required in many states to provide their employees with paid breaks. They need to prove that these breaks have been taken in a timely manner in order to avoid getting trouble with the state labor board. I don't understand what the issue is - punch out for your meal, take your meal, punch back in and get back to work. Again, this is not exclusive to Target. Employees deserve to take breaks and companies must prove that these breaks have been provided in a timely manner. It's really quite simple.

Last edited:
In what ways?

Companies are required in many states to provide their employees with paid breaks. They need to prove that these breaks have been taken in a timely manner in order to avoid getting trouble with the state labor board. I don't understand what the issue is - punch out for your meal, take your meal, punch back in and get back to work. Again, this is not exclusive to Target. Employees deserve to take breaks and companies must prove that these breaks have been provided in a timely manner. It's really quite simple.
I just got physically ill when the hr meeting to " remind me not to do it again" included signing a form titled " employee counseling for misconduct". If it was their favorite princess , who just clocks out and leaves early without notifying LOD, cries to go home early, ...the meeting would have never happened.

Speaking of compliance, I've always wondered something: if you punch for your meal or the end of your shift right at the compliance mark, are you still ok or are you screwed? For instance, say you are scheduled 4-10 in a 6 hour state, and punch in at exactly 4 and punch out at exactly 10 - are you ok or have you hit compliance? Obviously at 9:59 you're ok and at 10:01 you're screwed, but what about at exactly 6 hours?
For my state and me (as it happened to me) you are non compliment. You will get spoken to. So 5:59 it is

Speaking of compliance, I've always wondered something: if you punch for your meal or the end of your shift right at the compliance mark, are you still ok or are you screwed? For instance, say you are scheduled 4-10 in a 6 hour state, and punch in at exactly 4 and punch out at exactly 10 - are you ok or have you hit compliance? Obviously at 9:59 you're ok and at 10:01 you're screwed, but what about at exactly 6 hours?
It will literally come down to the seconds. If you clocked in at 4:00:45 and then clocked out for the day at 10:00:47 then you are dinged for compliance

Punching at 5:59 is safe, 6 hours even is compliance

I thought the touchscreen clocks weren't as precise (no seconds)? And that was why lunches didn't require the extra minute anymore.
The last time I hit compliance I just did a punch correction.

I rather lose five minutes of pay then sign that stupid non-compliance book we use.

You are screwed at 6 or 5

This happened to me a few months ago and nobody ever talked to me about it, so I assume it was fine.

Back