Archived 1 week left from my 2 weeks notice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad about leaving my team and the rest of the Target crew of hardliners, soft lines, back room, Starbucks & Pizza Hut cafe. My reasons for quitting were purely frustration on the reality of what I saw. 4 hr./day with 15 hrs./wk how can anyone get motivated with those hours? 1/2 hr for pulls (including: b/s & cardboard), 2 hrs to push (includes zoning & rotation, b/s & cardboard), 1/2 to audit, 15 min break, 1/2 hr to refill u-boat, 15 min to call LOD for walk through to verify you did 100% of everything you were told to do. The sad truth is the expired food that sits untouched or found by accident and that is a loss. Not to mention the expired food on the shelves that I find because everyone is in such a rush to complete at 100% that they don't rotate. Again another loss. Yet, by cutting back hours or taking team members from hardlines to "smart huddle" and push a pallet (mostly in wrong locations because they don't know the area) does not solve the problem. This creates a very frustrated team who wants to do better, but is not allowed due to hours. I love my team, I love my TL, I love many of my co-workers. So sad it came to this. Empty shelves with items in wrong locations or expired food due to no rotation. Thanks for the memories over the last 1 and 1/2 years. Let's do lunch. I forgot to mention this all happens while store is open with guests in store asking for things that are not on the shelf but maybe in the back. This helping guests issue is not incorporated in our 4 hours.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm sorry you couldn't wait it out but, truth is, I think the environment is becoming quite toxic.

It seems in a "passive aggressive" way. That is, cutting one's hours to crumbs, the general tone overall, not filling in TMs but to listen to gossip for their updates.

It's passive aggressively telling TMs they aren't worth anything. That's the effect.

What's very sad is those very young or unseasoned could believe their worth is so little as our stores make them feel.

I wish you happiness!

Good luck.
You might want to do this action & check on any vacation hours, you may have.
How to quit on workday:
Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"
Thanks
Yetive

good luck to you. i’m leaving after 2.5 years. With this new process my job took a 360 turn and i do nothing I did 6 months ago. I push truck all day long! i’m too old for that shit. I have 3 offers on the table from jobs. lots of opportunity out there.

Good luck.
You might want to do this action & check on any vacation hours, you may have.
How to quit on workday:
Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"
Thanks
Yetive
That seems so cold and impersonal, @Hardlinesmaster .

As I've come clean with, I've only been at retail STORE level a few years after retirement and just recently signed up in here. Since then I've started really watching the stores and posts here and it DOES seem like things are rather icy at the stores.

I can't envision resignation from employment with a click.

I must really be "old school".

I was buying strawberries after my shift ended. There were 10 boxes on the shelf that holds atleast 30. The first 4 I touched were covered in mold...needless to say I moved on.. who needs a PA right?

That seems so cold and impersonal, @Hardlinesmaster .

As I've come clean with, I've only been at retail STORE level a few years after retirement and just recently signed up in here. Since then I've started really watching the stores and posts here and it DOES seem like things are rather icy at the stores.

I can't envision resignation from employment with a click.

I must really be "old school".
I am old school too. This is the way spot wants it done now.

good luck to you. i’m leaving after 2.5 years. With this new process my job took a 360 turn and i do nothing I did 6 months ago. I push truck all day long! i’m too old for that shit. I have 3 offers on the table from jobs. lots of opportunity out there.
Congrats and Good Luck!🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back