Archived 10 pm closing XMAS EVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall our closing, but I feel like it was earlier? Last couple hours are a waste of payroll for our area...

We close at 10 pm. I don't think Santa comes til you're asleep anyway, so I'm okay with it.

It used to be 6 or 7pm and the team followed the last guest out the door regardless of store condition.
Last year we closed at 7pm and our LOD made us zone and reshop the whole store before we left. We got out of there around 10ish.

We closed at 10 last year. I missed opening presents with my family since we open them on christmas eve! Hopefully this year i wont have to work as late

It's company wide and it was announced at my store the day Black Thursday hours were announced. This has nothing to do with poor BT sales.

It does not make ANY sense why people try to do ALL of their shopping on Christmas Eve, Christmas is a fixed holiday and it just doesn't creep up on you. Don't people realize that most of the "Hot" toys will NOT be available on the 24th and they should stop putting the shopping off until the last second. Stores should close at 4 PM and if a "Guest" does not have their shopping done, then that is their own fault.

It does not make ANY sense why people try to do ALL of their shopping on Christmas Eve, Christmas is a fixed holiday and it just doesn't creep up on you. Don't people realize that most of the "Hot" toys will NOT be available on the 24th and they should stop putting the shopping off until the last second. Stores should close at 4 PM and if a "Guest" does not have their shopping done, then that is their own fault.
My ex has worked at a number of places that don't give a Christmas bonus until very late - like one was at 3pm on Christmas Eve (and they knew they were getting a bonus).

I don't judge, sure, some are true procrastinators.... but some might not have had any extra money until then.

I've been there - when your support payment won't hit until December 28 - it doesn't help you much. There would have been no way to have budgeted and saved that year either - I was counting on the money I was supposed to have gotten December 1st... and didn't.

Oh, and don't forget there are a whole other crew of people just out shopping that don't give a darn that it is Christmas... because, you know, they don't celebrate it.

My ex has worked at a number of places that don't give a Christmas bonus until very late - like one was at 3pm on Christmas Eve (and they knew they were getting a bonus).

I don't judge, sure, some are true procrastinators.... but some might not have had any extra money until then.

I've been there - when your support payment won't hit until December 28 - it doesn't help you much. There would have been no way to have budgeted and saved that year either - I was counting on the money I was supposed to have gotten December 1st... and didn't.

Oh, and don't forget there are a whole other crew of people just out shopping that don't give a darn that it is Christmas... because, you know, they don't celebrate it.

And there were people like my Uncle Sal who waited to the first night of Hanukkah to do his shopping, like the hour before the party.
You never knew what he would get but it was always interesting, usually books that were totally not age appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back