Archived 100% through the eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone else have to throw 100% of cartons through the eye? Even if it is all reserve you have to throw all of it.

BNXKWKP.gif

Yes, the percentage of cartons received through the cameras. It started off that mediums and larger you could leave on the pallet, then just larger, now everything must get thrown. 1k cartons, all reserve, of the same item had to be thrown. Something that would have taken 90 seconds now takes 45 minutes. Very frustrating. Is our dc the only one? We think their bonus is dependent on it.

I'm not DC, but I do work in package testing for my other job, and have had several clients who've had problems with barcodes not being able to be read by scanners in DCs at several retailers. That would be one possible explanation for having to do this manually. Hopefully the problem is in the boxes and not the cameras. Any idea when they were last serviced?

I'm not DC, but I do work in package testing for my other job, and have had several clients who've had problems with barcodes not being able to be read by scanners in DCs at several retailers. That would be one possible explanation for having to do this manually. Hopefully the problem is in the boxes and not the cameras. Any idea when they were last serviced?
Nothing to do with the cameras or barcodes. This past weekend we ran “transition”, “raa”, “ adjacent” (or whatever you want to call them), all weekend because hey “didn’t have enough true art work”. There were one item, full pallets that were all reserve. We were told to unload everything onto the art line, watch it go around and restack it by the processing line. Completely idiotic.

My guess is merch is coming up missing, and this is covering the bases at your DC, so they know it was all accounted for at that point.

My guess is merch is coming up missing, and this is covering the bases at your DC, so they know it was all accounted for at that point.
We were told it’s to get rid of all chep pallets in the building and is safer (no one in rc danger zone). I’m convinced it has to do with their bonuses.

Makes a ton of sense, preach safety then in the next breath “you need to throw these boxes and then someone else has to put them on another pallet exactly how they were on this one, because an irrelevant number on a screen will go up...”. Because injuries don’t happen from repeatedly lifting boxes there’s no good reason to lift in the first place.
Getting chep pallets out of the building makes no sense either since someone has to move it regardless and there’s a greater chance of injury if you’re putting that on a smaller group of people.
Screw that, send it to the manual dock, have them cherry pick the hell out of it and send it back to art if they want everything to run through the camera...

Makes a ton of sense, preach safety then in the next breath “you need to throw these boxes and then someone else has to put them on another pallet exactly how they were on this one, because an irrelevant number on a screen will go up...”. Because injuries don’t happen from repeatedly lifting boxes there’s no good reason to lift in the first place.
Getting chep pallets out of the building makes no sense either since someone has to move it regardless and there’s a greater chance of injury if you’re putting that on a smaller group of people.
Screw that, send it to the manual dock, have them cherry pick the hell out of it and send it back to art if they want everything to run through the camera...
“no true art work to run” is what we were told. Running the transition door 2 days on A key. Frustrating to say the least. First having ot, then being in art, and then doing freight that would be an easy trailer on the dock to top it all off.

I finally get it. It’s so then our gm, som and om’s can brag about being #1 in the pyramid. They did nearly 15k a line Sunday doing clampable diaper trailers in main doors. What a joke.

I finally get it. It’s so then our gm, som and om’s can brag about being #1 in the pyramid. They did nearly 15k a line Sunday doing clampable diaper trailers in main doors. What a joke.

Yeah I have worked those many times. Work trash through the main door and have a speed demon run the money dock load off an art credited printer.

Yeah I have worked those many times. Work trash through the main door and have a speed demon run the money dock load off an art credited printer.
Thats how we used to do it. Now they put those money diaper trailers in main doors to get numbers through the camera. 15k under the camera per line in a 12 hour shift.

Thats how we used to do it. Now they put those money diaper trailers in main doors to get numbers through the camera. 15k under the camera per line in a 12 hour shift.

We would do that for high flow trailers. Sometimes even printing all the flow, putting the line in bypass, and having someone slap flow stickers on at full speed. I also remember one time getting a trailer that was 100 percent flow.

I guess times have changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back