Archived $12 pay... no increase for backroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since working at Target I’ve always had 50 cents more by being in the backroom. recently we bumped to $12/hr but they took away that 50cent backroom increase? Or should I elevate to HR...?

Since working at Target I’ve always had 50 cents more by being in the backroom. recently we bumped to $12/hr but they took away that 50cent backroom increase? Or should I elevate to HR...?
No 50 cents for anyone. Not eve GSA.

I can see GSA getting a bump, but why the backroom?

no more SHF-50 cents anymore. sucks, but oh well.. we asked for minimum wage to increase and they take away the 50 cents... go figure!..

Weird, I got a 50 cent raise to do Electronics when I transitioned from a Backroom position to do Electronics

No they’re the next paygrade up along with Starbucks and many other positions.
What are the many other positions on The next paygrade ?
Because it is not SFS , it is not Pog , it is not pricing , it is not gsa , it is not flow , it is not backroom !
Only electronic , beauty , softline and Starbucks got 50 cents more !

What are the many other positions on The next paygrade ?
Because it is not SFS , it is not Pog , it is not pricing , it is not gsa , it is not flow , it is not backroom !
Only electronic , beauty , softline and Starbucks got 50 cents more !
Again those depts don’t get 50 cents more they are in the next paygrade with a bunch of other positions. I believe it’s $1-1.50 depending on market.

Next paygrade , or not , they are getting 50 cents more , I am still asking which other departments are getting more than the base rate ?

Food service, food, electronics, beauty, apparel are PG35.
All logistics, front end, hr, pog, price, salesfloor are PG 30.

Next paygrade , or not , they are getting 50 cents more , I am still asking which other departments are getting more than the base rate ?
They get more than 50 cents is what I’m trying to say. It’s $1-1.50 depending on market I believe.

Food Ave getting paid more than SFS is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen tbh

Food Ave getting paid more than SFS is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen tbh
You've never pulled a shift there on Thanksgiving and Black Friday I bet.

I won't even get into Steritech visits...

I can see GSA getting a bump, but why the backroom?

The theory was backroom was more trained and had to make sure things in the back are located so they can get out to the floor. Under modernization the theory is that the sales floor is trained in the backroom AND have additional responsibilities. In truth we still have softlines struggling with End to End and most of my good SFS TMs know what's in the steel in the backroom more than the "global" softlines TMs so we bring down product for softlines to push when we can't find it on the floor and it's been sitting in the backroom.

The theory was backroom was more trained and had to make sure things in the back are located so they can get out to the floor. Under modernization the theory is that the sales floor is trained in the backroom AND have additional responsibilities. In truth we still have softlines struggling with End to End and most of my good SFS TMs know what's in the steel in the backroom more than the "global" softlines TMs so we bring down product for softlines to push when we can't find it on the floor and it's been sitting in the backroom.
Just to add on from my store's perspective. AAA store, smaller crew compared to last year this time. Merchandise everywhere. Outside of the former early Backroom Team, the dayside crew not only has Backroom (Pull/Push/Clean), but also must also support SFS, Flow and Salefloor. We currently have the expectation of pulling, scanning and packing all SFS orders, no matter how many SFS TMs (have 4 only) are scheduled or amount of orders. One of the dayside BRTMs was forced to do Drive-Up. Every once in awhile dayside BR crew also helps push carts when the schedule is screwed up or CA calls out. We must try to accomplish this with 4-7 daily people multi-tasking, leaving barely anytime to focus on just 1 task. Most people have <6 hours shifts, <30 hr weekly. Can't exactly be successful in these conditions. BTS 2018 will be very interesting. All of this can be changed by STL and DTL, who expect us to perform with limited resources.

It's fun too when you get scheduled to cover breaks or if alot of tms call in on the higher paid areas but you dont get the jump even if you know all the areas and are the go to people for everything. Im sales floor but know back room, sfs, flexi, drive up, electronics, price change, Plano, cashier, guest service, self check out, inventory, market, beauty and softlines but no jump for us. Target life :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back