Archived $13 an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sure everyone has seen the announcement that minimum pay will be raised to $13 in June. The question is, will longer-term employees be equally raised or given another slap in the the face for their faithful service? In my situation, I have been in the company for around a decade, half of of those years with no review ever given I'm only just above a $13. If past experience has shown me anything there will be no incremental increase and my years of experience don't count for shit. I feel like I should just stop trying to do my best and just skate by like the other employees in my store who will now be making as much as me with no experience or skill. It's actually kind of sickening.

So I'm sure everyone has seen the announcement that minimum pay will be raised to $13 in June. The question is, will longer-term employees be equally raised or given another slap in the the face for their faithful service? In my situation, I have been in the company for around a decade, half of of those years with no review ever given I'm only just above a $13. If past experience has shown me anything there will be no incremental increase and my years of experience don't count for shit. I feel like I should just stop trying to do my best and just skate by like the other employees in my store who will now be making as much as me with no experience or skill. It's actually kind of sickening.

According to my HR today if you are over you won't see an increase. Our base pay is $12.75 and current end to end TMs are making $13.25. PG30 becomes 35 and is $13/hour. Those making $13.25 now won't see an increase so there will be a 25 cent difference between old 35s and new 35s. Once there's another increase (I've heard January 2020) everyone will go up to the next base. No pay for experience and your years of reviews and pay increases mean nothing - the new hire w no experience is making just as much as you.

I did bring up this to my HR ETL a while back and they agree it's pretty messed up. She basically said it's corporate's decision and stores just have to go with it. And to be happy you've gotten the raises that you have (even though everyone else being hired is at the same rate as you are.) She's got a point but in all reality it's frustrating to see the seasonal TM take a whole shift to push one flat earning the same amount as someone has been there for years.

This year's pay increase will be just like last years and the year before that. Next year will be the same as this year. Shit won't go back to "normal" until it's 15 across the board.

This year's pay increase will be just like last years and the year before that. Next year will be the same as this year. Shit won't go back to "normal" until it's 15 across the board.

$13 June 2019, $13.50 January 2020, $14.50 June 2020, $15 January 2021?

I didn't really pay attention to the recent raises, just heard people talking about it and eventually noticed it on my paycheck.

Along the line of pay, what is pg35 capped at? Do they increase the cap each time they increase the base?

Then, the merit raises won't be getting absorbed anymore.

Yes, they increase the cap. I was told when we went to 11 or what pay it was that year that prior to the increase going into effect that I was almost capped out. So when pay goes up so does the cap.

Spoke with HR today. And at least in our district all the ETL-HRs are not happy with the situation since they remember the outcry last year, so it's being taken to the district conference calls and hopefully higher.

Spoke with HR today. And at least in our district all the ETL-HRs are not happy with the situation since they remember the outcry last year, so it's being taken to the district conference calls and hopefully higher.

What is the 'situation'?

It’s not going to change. They’ve done it this way for MORE than 30 years.

Well, since I've been "leading" my team as a TM for around a decade and this is how they treat us I'm no longer doing anything outside my trained duties without a direct order. I hope those team leads I've been supporting learn to do what I've been covering for them real quick..... Fuck Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back