Archived $13 an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke with HR today. And at least in our district all the ETL-HRs are not happy with the situation since they remember the outcry last year, so it's being taken to the district conference calls and hopefully higher.
All the big outcry last year got was separating the increase a couple months from the raises. They did them at the same time last year but this year it’s in June so it looks like they’re helping when in reality they’re not

I was told today that hardlines seasonal hires will be hired to push freight and that's it. The DBOs will be responsible for their new, current responsibilities. Once (if) offered permanent positions then they'll be cross trained. This is coming from a reliable source from another store in our district.

Meaning that you as a DBO will be making the same as the seasonal hires off the street whose only responsibilities are to push freight.

Ya'll are acting like this is something new. Next year it will be 14... same story.

I have a dream where I'll be rewarded for my experience by being compensated more than someone off the street with no experience. I also have a dream where I'm given a year-round 40 hour consistent schedule.

Some things will never change :(

Well, since I've been "leading" my team as a TM for around a decade and this is how they treat us I'm no longer doing anything outside my trained duties without a direct order. I hope those team leads I've been supporting learn to do what I've been covering for them real quick..... Fuck Target
You act like we have any say in what your pay is. We don’t even get to pick your review score, the ETLs make us write around their calibrated score.

I have a dream where I'll be rewarded for my experience by being compensated more than someone off the street with no experience. I also have a dream where I'm given a year-round 40 hour consistent schedule.

Some things will never change :(
Not going to happen. Welcome to your nightmare.

Target has been doing this for at least the last 5 years. Just roll with it (I know it sucks). Continually complaining about it won't change a thing.

You are complaining this year because it didn't effect you last year. I've been part time with Target more than 6 years and over the last few salary ups, sometimes I make it $0.35 or so above the new starting salary and other times I get swallowed up and am right back training tm's who make the same as me and probably aren't going to stay long enough to master basic cashiering let alone being able to work or even cover breaks for any of the other front end positions. Que sera, sera.

I have been in the company for around a decade, half of of those years with no review ever given I'm only just above a $13
Why were you not given a review half of the years you've been there? If you had, you would be over 14 by now, and expecting to exceed 15 by 2020 (as I am, currently 14.70, regular TM).

Why were you not given a review half of the years you've been there? If you had, you would be over 14 by now, and expecting to exceed 15 by 2020 (as I am, currently 14.70, regular TM).

It depends on what your states minimum wage was when they were hired. Maybe they are in a state where they were hired on at $6.75 where you were hired on at $9 or $10.

That would be nice if it were true, but it's not. You only get rewarded for experience when you move to a new company. Rare is the company that doesn't take advantage of loyal employees by screwing them over come raise time.
I was just shitpostin man

You are complaining this year because it didn't effect you last year. I've been part time with Target more than 6 years and over the last few salary ups, sometimes I make it $0.35 or so above the new starting salary and other times I get swallowed up and am right back training tm's who make the same as me and probably aren't going to stay long enough to master basic cashiering let alone being able to work or even cover breaks for any of the other front end positions. Que sera, sera.
Actually this will be third time they've done me wrong.... time to keep truckin'

Three years, no review given, one year review was complete lies... reported to HQ ethics... Sorry, nothing we can do those leaders are no longer with the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back