Archived 15.00 an hour matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t forget about the bonus checks after 12,400 hrs starting at 5K per year, the amazing medical, dental and vision insurance, the personal/sick pay (72 hrs a year for full time), all the paid holidays that we are closed for and the vacation.
Costco isn’t a dying company that’s why. They are growing and are always packed with people. Meanwhile people go to Target to get $5 coffee and trash the dollar spot

They don't demand open availability...
At our store, for current team members, to get more hours you have to open up your availability. To get hired you need open availability. Sure you could say you’re available 9-5 m-f, but good luck getting hired, and if you do get hired, good luck getting more than 1 shift.

But! Do they have peanut butter in the breakroom? DO THEY???

right now at our temp offices it's stocked entirely with snacks, drinks, sun screen, lotion, and catering once a week.. maybe that'll continue into the grand opening

Meanwhile, me, at Costco;
42 hour weeks, $15/hr starting, getting a raise every 1040 hours or every six months maxing out at $24/hr in six years unless I promote and instantly get $26.50/hr and I'm uncapped.

But can you wear jeans?!? ;)

Costco isn’t a dying company that’s why. They are growing and are always packed with people. Meanwhile people go to Target to get $5 coffee and trash the dollar spot

I get it, you wanna jump on the hate train, but to imply Target is currently dying is just ignorant. Will that start at some point in the future? I would say it's likely, but at the moment big red is doing more than fine for itself.

Hire more people so you can schedule them fewer hours (no benefits) but have some padding should you have call-outs.
Also helps keep up with the double-digit turnover.

At our store, for current team members, to get more hours you have to open up your availability. To get hired you need open availability. Sure you could say you’re available 9-5 m-f, but good luck getting hired, and if you do get hired, good luck getting more than 1 shift.

Yeah, sure. I guess you're HR, and I should just take your word for it.

I never understood this logic. Why work more for less just for the extra hours? There is so much you can do with extra hours throughout a day, including making more money. Why sell yourself for less, while also sacrificing your time?
$12 an hour for 40 hours is better than $15 for 15. It’s worth going with the former if you have bills to pay. A job at Target is only good if you get nearly full time or live with someone else. I don’t see how any normal TM could support themselves with between 16-24 hours a week.

If Target really cared about their employees they’d start bumping them up to full-time while keeping the pay at $13. But they want that $15 because it looks good on paper. They can use it as a marketing gimmick. It’s a good amount, just needs to be written with a * next to it.

Also they’re making us earn that $15! Over the last year my responsibilities have basically tripled. The ramp up from old flow to the current system was insane. And I don’t see how it’s saving money. Like mathematically payroll doesn’t seem THAT expensive.

With the current system we have nearly empty shelves and product sitting in the back for days. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen guests look for something, find that we didn’t have it, and just move on. Most of the time when I go into the back I can find the product they were looking for . . . on a day old u-boat.

I’m no expert, but it seems like making the stores better would be the best way to increase profits. Not by fucking over the employees.

Last edited:
$12 an hour for 40 hours is better than $15 for 15. It’s worth going with the former if you have bills to pay. A job at Target is only good if you get nearly full time or live with someone else. I don’t see how any normal TM could support themselves with between 16-24 hours a week.

If Target really cared about their employees they’d start bumping them up to full-time while keeping the pay at $13. But they want that $15 because it looks good on paper. They can use it as a marketing gimmick. It’s a good amount, just needs to be written with a * next to it.

Also they’re making us earn that $15! Over the last year my responsibilities have basically tripled. The ramp up from old flow to the current system was insane. And I don’t see how it’s saving money. Like mathematically payroll doesn’t seem THAT expensive.

With the current system we have nearly empty shelves and product sitting in the back for days. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen guests look for something, find that we didn’t have it, and just move on. Most of the time when I go into the back I can find the product they were looking for . . . on a day old u-boat.

I’m no expert, but it seems like making the stores better would be the best way to increase profits. Not by fucking over the employees.

Target doesn't like employees that think. If you don't like the new ways find another job. It'll be the best decision you ever make. I was told flat out 'if you don't like the changes find another job elsewhere.' Wish they would have told me that sooner. :)

That’s the biggest problem I think. All the product is at the stores, it’s just sitting in the back on shelves, uboats, or on flats with no hours available to put it out. They could increase sales if they just had the stuff out there, but it’s the same story you always hear in retail. “We don’t have the hours until the holidays.” So from Jan-Oct the store is basically fu*ked.

I've said it before, I'm starting to think that Target is being deliberately engineered into a fall, probably for someone to snatch some tangible good on the cheap. There's no way that any of those shareholders can think that bare shelves and things not being sold is a lesser dollar amount than the hours needed to fill those shelves full of products that collectively sell more profit.

Yeah I don’t get it. My store makes good money. I think we made nearly $500,000 in one day during the holidays. Right now we’re probably pulling in a couple hundred thousand per day on average. So let’s say that’s about 4.5 million a month.

And idk, say we have 60 employees (not sure) and they give each one an extra 15 hours a week (and realistically not all of them would want it, so let’s say they only give those hours to 40 TMs).

That’s an extra 600 hours a week, around 2,400 a month. Times that by say $13 (what we’re currently making at my store) and that’s—$31,200 a month.

That should be chump change for Target. Let’s say they do that with 200 (the high volume ones). So that’s $6,240,000 a month, nearly $79 million a year.

Okay, now that’s starting to add up. I’ve seen our yearly revenue and I know that’s different from profit, but we still have to be making WAY more than enough to cover that. Whoever thought stocking when the store was open should be demoted 😂

Hell, I don’t know. But I really do feel like we’d sell more stuff if we had more hours. Even with us always being in the aisles after the change, you can tell that it discourages some guests and they just go to another one and probably forget about grabbing what they needed.

I know the system works in some stores, but not mine. I think I’d be fine with it if the ETLs and Team Leads didn’t get all bent out of shape when shit doesn’t get done. They talk about change, but they’re the ones still stuck in the past, in that, “Get everything done fast mode”.

Well, that ain’t happening cause I gotta answer phones, backstock, do pulls, push truck, cashier when needed, and help guests during a 5 hour shift.

It’s like a game with a huge difficulty spike out of nowhere lol

TL;DR: We’re doomed! 😭

Yeah I don’t get it. My store makes good money. I think we made nearly $500,000 in one day during the holidays. Right now we’re probably pulling in a couple hundred thousand per day on average. So let’s say that’s about 4.5 million a month.

And idk, say we have 60 employees (not sure) and they give each one an extra 15 hours a week (and realistically not all of them would want it, so let’s say they only give those hours to 40 TMs).

That’s an extra 600 hours a week, around 2,400 a month. Times that by say $13 (what we’re currently making at my store) and that’s—$31,200 a month.

That should be chump change for Target. Let’s say they do that with 200 (the high volume ones). So that’s $6,240,000 a month, nearly $79 million a year.

Okay, now that’s starting to add up. I’ve seen our yearly revenue and I know that’s different from profit, but we still have to be making WAY more than enough to cover that. Whoever thought stocking when the store was open should be demoted 😂

Hell, I don’t know. But I really do feel like we’d sell more stuff if we had more hours. Even with us always being in the aisles after the change, you can tell that it discourages some guests and they just go to another one and probably forget about grabbing what they needed.

I know the system works in some stores, but not mine. I think I’d be fine with it if the ETLs and Team Leads didn’t get all bent out of shape when shit doesn’t get done. They talk about change, but they’re the ones still stuck in the past, in that, “Get everything done fast mode”.

Well, that ain’t happening cause I gotta answer phones, backstock, do pulls, push truck, cashier when needed, and help guests during a 5 hour shift.

If you do that much in sales you have FAR MORE than 60 employees.

My store is losing 1 or 2 tm a week. I am waiting for the property manager to install a huge revolving door at the entrance. Those of us who are left are in the process of moving on. There is no peanut butter in the break room, just water.

Well stocking the store when it’s open is a horrible idea you’re right.

On that same note, we get trucks M,W,R,F, and Sat, and it most cases, they are still unloading until about 9am. The flow team then gets maybe 45 minutes to push freight after break before they leave. Sometimes the TL asks them to stay to 10:45 (or right before they are mandated to take a lunch).

We need those old signs back that said ....expect more pay less...Because now we really know who they were directed at. Or better yet issue out dog collars with our names on them. That way team leaders could keep the new highly qualified hires on a short lease until their brainwashed..oops, trained in the modernization methods of madness and mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back