Archived 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

B26

Hey Guys!

First week as a cashier went pretty well and I'm figuring out a lot of stuff and doing alright... I sadly have not sold my first redcard even though I'm trying so hard. 2 questions, though...

1.) Any tips on selling REDcards? I usually just ask guests that are A.) Friendly B.)Have Kids and C.) if the screen prompts me, if they would like to save 5% on every trip to Target and I am always sure to mention it can be credit or debit... I have not even sold one in my 25 hours last week.

2.) Cashiers; What is generally your speed score? I am averaging around 85-87 but it seems every transaction that I get a "R" on, it's because the guest is taking forever, etc.

1.) Any tips on selling REDcards? I usually just ask guests that are A.) Friendly B.)Have Kids and C.) if the screen prompts me, if they would like to save 5% on every trip to Target and I am always sure to mention it can be credit or debit... I have not even sold one in my 25 hours last week.

Seeing as my conversion score is God-awful, I really can't say much other than this: try to ask everybody, especially if they have a large order. Your GSTL probably wants you to ask everybody (even though the training guide says not to), plus you'll have a better chance of getting one because you'll be pitching to more guests. And always mention the Check Card like you've been doing.

2.) Cashiers; What is generally your speed score? I am averaging around 85-87 but it seems every transaction that I get a "R" on, it's because the guest is taking forever, etc.

Yeah, that happens. Average speed scores vary by cashier, by guest sample, by day (I can have 94% one day and 81% the day after), but as long as you can get up into the green, you shouldn't have any problems. As you get more practice, you'll get faster in general. Not just at scanning and bagging, but knowing where the barcode is on this cereal or where to find that DPCI tag inside that Merona sweater. Since you're so new, I wouldn't worry too much about it yet unless you have a string of "slow" days or your GSTL says something to you about it.

i ask almost every guest which seems to help. Also, don't wait until the end to pitch it otherwise it sounds like a pitch! try and have a normal conversation about it and explain the benefits especially of the debit card at the beginning of the transaction. I can pretty much talk anyone that is writing a check into getting a debit card. My YTD score is 12.7 so this seems to work well for me!

Redcard is pure luck.
Once i had 3cards in a day, and guest asked me first about redcard. After that day, i havent got a single redcard even when im asking every person with purchase of $5 or up

score also really depends... Most of the day i get 100 for first hour than starts dropping as low as 90, if i dont get break...Our store considers 88 to be the cut line.

our target is ALWAYS packed no matter what the time of day is, so i honeslty don't ask everyone about the redcard, just people that are super friendly, have a checkbook, have kids, or people that hit a certain amount. i'm not gonna ask sally if she wants a redcard when she bought something that cost 3 bucks and the line is super long, if she gets one it looks good on me... but that just means i have a huge line full of upset guests that have to wait. i think today it was at like a 94% i honestly rarely check it tho lol

Here is some great tips from another thread:

Its learning plan. You will have to get with your GSTL and they will go over all your core duties for your position. It is Target's way for you to formally acknowledge that you know your duties and expectations, and received proper training in the process.

Make sure you go through it, and bring up any questions. If you just sign it without reading it, and you do something you didn't know, they can coach and write you up on the smallest things.

For the red cards:
Learn some of the benefits. And point them out especially to the guests with big purchases.
-5% off purchases when the card is used.
-Make payments at the store.
-Pharmacy Rewards
-Target will donate 1% of all your purchases to a school of the guests choice
-Credit and debit options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back