Archived 2 weeks notice question....

Status
Not open for further replies.
After working for 7 years, I decided to leave Target because I'm finishing college soon, and need new opportunities.

My only question is what's happening with all vacation and sick hours I accumulated? Are we getting paid those hours? I live in California.

So, I wanted to talk with the HR manager, but she was off for that day..... the assistant made me file my two week notice from the computer.... kind of weird since I through it will be in a paper form.....

So, I wanted to talk with the HR manager, but she was off for that day..... the assistant made me file my two week notice from the computer.... kind of weird since I through it will be in a paper form.....

Now that Workday has launched, all resignations will be done electronically. I like it because it saves paper.

Thanks for the advice..... I'm leaving some sick hours unfortunately. I'm just getting 2 days in my last week.

Thursday is my last day.....

Sorry about the ignorance, but do I need to sign any paper to get paid for the vacation hours? Or this is just going to be paid automatically on my last paycheck?

Last edited:
Sorry about the ignorance, but do I need to sign any paper to get paid for the vacation hours? Or this is just going to be paid automatically on my last paycheck?

Automatic since the state requires it being paid out to you.

Is this true for all states? Also how do I find the online form to terminate my self? My ETL doesn’t know how to find it.

So, I'm not working for Target anymore.

Recently I got my last paycheck on my mail which said VCH Pay.... Didn't get paid automatically on direct deposit.

Does anyone know what is VCH Pay? I have accumulated vacation hours. Can I just go to my store and collect my last paycheck?

Thanks.

Recently I got my last paycheck on my mail which said VCH Pay.... Didn't get paid automatically on direct deposit.

Does anyone know what is VCH Pay? I have accumulated vacation hours. Can I just go to my store and collect my last paycheck?

Thanks.
It may be mailed to you. Depending on state law, spot does not have to pay for vacation hours. Make sure that you used sick/ph/ vacation before you leave spot.

It may be mailed to you. Depending on state law, spot does not have to pay for vacation hours. Make sure that you used sick/ph/ vacation before you leave spot.

About Sick Time, we were told that you have to be sick and must request for it during the time you were sick?

I knew about being actually sick to use your Sick Time but when I got sick, I requested for it a week after I got sick (when I actually got back to work).

Thanks.

VCH Pay means Voucher Pay. This means that you get cash paid out to you at your store. Contact HR to confirm and then go pick up your voucher pay.

VCH Pay means Voucher Pay. This means that you get cash paid out to you at your store. Contact HR to confirm and then go pick up your voucher pay.
Thats not what it means, the OP got an actual check in the mail with a stub that said VCH pay. The OP doesn’t need to contact HR or go to the store. They have a check, they can cash. Thats the end if it.

Thats not what it means, the OP got an actual check in the mail with a stub that said VCH pay. The OP doesn’t need to contact HR or go to the store. They have a check, they can cash. Thats the end if it.

VCH Pay definitely means Voucher Pay. I have cashed out hundreds of vouchers so I am pretty sure that is what it means.

Without seeing the pay stub for the paycheck, it is hard to say for sure if it included the final pay or not. The paycheck could be for other type(s) of pay in addition to the final pay. HR can let JoseM know for sure whether any voucher pay was changed to a check to be mailed out or still available for pick up in the store. That is why I told him to contact HR. It is better to ask than to take chances with money.

Last edited:
Update:

Ok, I went to talk to my store Today. Unfortunately, The HR doesn't know what is going on with my last paycheck or what it means the VCH Pay.

In addition, she told me she need to figure out why I got a "$0" Paycheck.

I think I'm pretty much by my own right now.

The mail I got was a UPS Express shipping from Target Center in Minneapolis.

And, This is what I got on the mail:

IMAG0848.jpg

IMAG0846.jpg

I'm going to Call HROC: 1-800-394-1885 to see what's going on.

VCH Pay definitely means Voucher Pay. I have cashed out hundreds of vouchers so I am pretty sure that is what it means.

Without seeing the pay stub for the paycheck, it is hard to say for sure if it included the final pay or not. The paycheck could be for other type(s) of pay in addition to the final pay. HR can let JoseM know for sure whether any voucher pay was changed to a check to be mailed out or still available for pick up in the store. That is why I told him to contact HR. It is better to ask than to take chances with money.

After looking at the paystub, I think that you were correct. The store should cash him out for over $400.

Update:

Ok, I went to talk to my store Today. Unfortunately, The HR doesn't know what is going on with my last paycheck or what it means the VCH Pay.

In addition, she told me she need to figure out why I got a "$0" Paycheck.

I think I'm pretty much by my own right now.

The mail I got was a UPS Express shipping from Target Center in Minneapolis.

And, This is what I got on the mail:

View attachment 6171

View attachment 6172

I'm going to Call HROC: 1-800-394-1885 to see what's going on.

Based on what I can see on your pay stub, you have a voucher for $446.59 (cash) from your store. HR should check their Workday inbox to locate the voucher. Once they find it, they need to print it out, process it at a register, and pay you the cash. Your $0 pay stub is the one that HQ sends out ASAP after your termination. The paycheck amount is zero because you should have gotten cash pay.

Based on what I can see on your pay stub, you have a voucher for $446.59 (cash) from your store. HR should check their Workday inbox to locate the voucher. Once they find it, they need to print it out, process it at a register, and pay you the cash. Your $0 pay stub is the one that HQ sends out ASAP after your termination. The paycheck amount is zero because you should have gotten cash pay.

Dear HRLady,

Good News, I received a call from my store this morning. You were right, they were able to pull out the voucher from the system and print it out. Just need to sign a couple of papers, then went to guest service to cash out the voucher.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back