Archived 2 weeks out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I write the schedule for hardlines and market every week. My payroll allocation for the schedule I am currently writing (2 weeks out) is as follows:

Hardlines: 14
Market: 90
Electronics: 110
Salesfloor: 55

Salesfloor hours are sat aside for Sr. TL LOD shifts, so those actually don't even count. Ummmm, so how are are salesplanners and reshop supposed to happen? That is not even enough hours to have closers, no less have someone on the salesfloor during the day. Oh, ULV's! If corporate had any idea......

Last edited:
WHAT?!?!?!?! Well, I hope softlines has hours cause they're gonna have to zone the whole store. Seriously, I've never seen hours cut this badly. I've always seen the hours cut during January and February but this year has been especially brutal.

Softlines had 22 hours plus the allocation for operator and jewelry.

Holy Crow! Somethings wrong there....... Your STL had to a) mess up the forecast allocation or b) didn't do the forecast on Monday! eck.... Thats some pretty crappy hours.....

Thats roughly 1 closing Salesfloor TM, 1 opening/1 closing Electronics TM, and 1 mid/ 1 closing market for each day.

So who are going to get the phones, Guest Assistance buttons, and calls for cashier backup from 8am-4pm...

I hope the other teams like pushing the morning pulls and doing sales planners. Thats a screwed up set of hours.

Holy Crow! Somethings wrong there....... Your STL had to a) mess up the forecast allocation or b) didn't do the forecast on Monday! eck.... Thats some pretty crappy hours.....

Nope that's just how ULV stores work.

2 weeks out POG workload is ~450 hours, my store received ~2300 for the entire week's payroll.

How is that even enough hours to run the store? At some point you won't have tm's on the floor at all let me guess one cashier all day? Or just the gstl all day?
I feel bad for ULV stores hours were cut at my store but were pretty big volume and there's still more hours then this...how is this even possible?

Our payroll is at 1750- the absolute lowest tier they're giving out. I swear our store is going to close, what with payroll, AE12, and our cancelled remodel.

We usually have 125 hours split between 3 GSAs and 2 GSTLs, not including cash office. Typically about 50+ hours/day for cashiering.

..... Yuck hours..... Anyone else feel like drowning??? I know I'll be the only one in the backroom this week plus one closer when I leave. No after work gym trip needed after days like this!

..... Yuck hours..... Anyone else feel like drowning??? I know I'll be the only one in the backroom this week plus one closer when I leave. No after work gym trip needed after days like this!

Hopefully things will pick up for everyone, I know a lot of you guys need those hours to keep on keeping on. :( We've had one closer for a few years now, we use to have 2/3 and a afternoon TL. Now we have 4 Backroom guys and no TL and we're NOT a ULV. The cuts are getting worse as Spot finds ways to do the same with even less.

Nope nothing is wrong. It is a ULV. This is what Feb and half of March looks like. The best part is....the expectations are the same as any other volume. If you have never worked a ULV, it's very hard to understand.

How is that even enough hours to run the store? At some point you won't have tm's on the floor at all let me guess one cashier all day? Or just the gstl all day?
I feel bad for ULV stores hours were cut at my store but were pretty big volume and there's still more hours then this...how is this even possible?

We have 2 cashiers till about 11, then 3 cashiers from 11-7. We always have 2 at the service desk, so that can be our extra cashier. Salesfloor does not have hardlines coverage during the day sometimes. ETL's have to answer call buttons. Electronics can answer if they are not with a guest. POG team is there till 3. Flow is there until 12 or 1. Pricing/presentation. There are people on the floor. You have to utilize EVERYONE!!!

I write the schedule for hardlines and market every week. My payroll allocation for the schedule I am currently writing (2 weeks out) is as follows:

Hardlines: 14
Market: 90
Electronics: 110
Salesfloor: 55

Salesfloor hours are sat aside for Sr. TL LOD shifts, so those actually don't even count. Ummmm, so how are are salesplanners and reshop supposed to happen? That is not even enough hours to have closers, no less have someone on the salesfloor during the day. Oh, ULV's! If corporate had any idea......

You do salesplanners? Plano is given salesfloor hours to do salesplanners. If you are doing them, you should be getting their hours.

Nope nothing is wrong. It is a ULV. This is what Feb and half of March looks like. The best part is....the expectations are the same as any other volume. If you have never worked a ULV, it's very hard to understand.

The store I worked at is ULV, very stressful this time of year. And then the ETLs wonder why service scores are red and say "our short staffing is no excuse" even though the guest surveys always say the store needs more people on the floor...

So glad I got out of that place.

My execs have been fighting hard to not be put into the ULV category. We barely missed our sales for the year even though we had remodel for pfresh as well. Thank God we are up $90,000 so far for the month in sales as i think they may just leave us where we are now. I cant imagine running our store with even less hours.

You're ULV and you still have allocation for jewelry? My store is A+ and we only have TMs working in jewelry during the holidays.

Jewelry is used for Adjacency hours at my store so we can differentiate between sales floor coverage and the adjacency.

WHAT?!?!?!?! Well, I hope softlines has hours cause they're gonna have to zone the whole store. Seriously, I've never seen hours cut this badly. I've always seen the hours cut during January and February but this year has been especially brutal.

But we had some awesome commercials during the Grammy's.....

WOW! at least you get market hours. The past few weeks my lead went to do the schedule and there are no market hours. my shifts have been scheduled under HL and SF. If I get a full 8 hour shift, I have to try to rush through market stuff and then cover the floor for backups, guest service, autofills and reshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back