Archived 2015 Health Benefits Rumor!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt88

Team Member
So, a few days ago a team member told me he heard that this year to qualify for any Target health benefits, you have to have an average of 38 hours. Most the things he has told me have ended up being true. I really hope he is wrong this time, because I would lose my Target health benefits, which I am very comfortable with. So, has anyone heard this rumor or anything similar too it. Basically, if you have heard or know anything about Target health benefits for 2015, just spill it out all over this thread.... START NOW!!!!

This is the law.

• Employees who work at least 30 hours per week, or whose service hours equal at least 130 hours a month, for more than 120 days in a year are considered full-time.
  • Employers have to offer coverage to “substantially all” (95%) of their full-time employees.

This is the law.

• Employees who work at least 30 hours per week, or whose service hours equal at least 130 hours a month, for more than 120 days in a year are considered full-time.
  • Employers have to offer coverage to “substantially all” (95%) of their full-time employees.

While it is the law now, I think there's a bill about to hit the senate that raises the definition upto 40 hours

I'd be much happier with Elizabeth Warren.

YAS. CAN WE HAVE HER.

STEP ONE LET'S END CORPORATE PERSONHOOD

sorry.

I agree but the pen will be in a different hand in a couple years :p

Kinda doubt Republicans could take the presidency. Depends on who they run. If they run Romney again...

This is the law.

Yup. I also believe that Target announced the 30 hour mark for TMs, but it didn't get spread past most TLs.

YAS. CAN WE HAVE HER.

STEP ONE LET'S END CORPORATE PERSONHOOD

sorry.

Kinda doubt Republicans could take the presidency. Depends on who they run. If they run Romney again...
I wasn't intending to be opinionated but I really hope you're right.

I've already had a sit down with my HR about the new health benefits as I got insanely screwed last year, was a full time PA for only 7 months which brought my average hours to 31 lmao...

the new average is 30 hours a week.

While it is the law now, I think there's a bill about to hit the senate that raises the definition upto 40 hours
If it goes up to 40, itd have to affect the 2016 plan year, not this year. Id be extremely pissed if it made me lose Health insurance again. I missed last year by an hour, and am eligible this year. And I cant afford insurance out of pocket. Tax credits at the end of the year are useless if I cant pay the huge monthly prices, only to get it back in a year.

Its like saying ill sell you this $10k car, you only have $5k, but ill give you the $5k back in a year. Why not just discount it from the get go. This is the biggest flaw of our current health care marketplace thing.

I wouldn't put it past Spot to do this...but I don't think its true. Like someone else said maybe for the benefit year after this incoming one . I think its beyond sad to bust your ass for a company for over 18 years....and have to hope and pray you qualify for benefits every year.

I have already looked Into Obamacare just in case I leave. Most states have very good plans that have changed since last year to be on the upside. I think Texas is not one of the good state plans (sorry Texan tm's) but they do offer some basic coverage - I was looking into it for an unemployed friend, but her circumstances are always so crazy, so it might be.
I am pretty sure for 2015 target has to offer health in ls for all employees 29.5 hours and over

Couple of siblings are in TX & you're right....not very good. Especially since the new gov is like the old one & refuses to expand Medicaid. My sister had been doing temp work the last several yrs so, when she finally left the workforce, she had to buy her own.
She'd find an affordable plan (read "high deductibles") but the premiums would start going up month after month until she'd have to look for another plan.
It wouldn't be so bad if the insurer's premiums were locked in for 6 mos or so but it doesn't work that way.

It was my understanding you could apply that tax credit towards your insurance payments and not have to wait.
When you sign up on the Marketplace website, it gives you the option of applying it to your monthly premium or taking it as a tax credit at the end of the year

When you sign up on the Marketplace website, it gives you the option of applying it to your monthly premium or taking it as a tax credit at the end of the year
I never got that option, this year it says i can get a tax credit, but no option I found to get it applied each month instead of a end year rebate. Im waiting until april for Target insurance. United Health care is better than Blue cross crap. Better doctor choice here, usually with lower deductibles for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back