2024 up&up Refresh and dealworthy Launch

SuperTarget

Former Team Member/Leader
up-and-up_01.jpg
Target announced today that one of Target’s oldest brands, up&up, is getting a packaging refresh and expansion starting next week February 18th. New items will be introduced throughout 2024 with an estimated completion for early 2025.

The new packaging features bold new colors, enlarged font, and a more sustainable paper-based packaging.

Target also notes quality improvements to 40% of the existing lineup including food storage items with thicker walls and improved toothbrushes that have interchangeable handles between both kids and adult that are fully compatible with the Sonicare assortment.

With the expansions in moving supplies, oral care, dog grooming and food storage products the assortment will reach ~2000 items.

dealworthy_01.jpg Update 02/15/2024:
Target announced a new owned brand, dealworthy, consisting of an assortment of 400 new items across apparel & accessories, essentials & beauty, electronics and home. The new brand will be value focused with items starting under $1 and most being under $10. Being a new addition to Target's owned brands it is backed by the owned brand promise with one year for returns with a receipt. The first products are arriving as early as February 18th and more will launch throughout 2024 and early 2025 including power cords, undergarments, socks, laundry detergent, dish soap and more.

Attachments

• up-and-up_02.jpg
    up-and-up_02.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • up-and-up_03.jpg
    up-and-up_03.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • up-and-up_04.jpg
    up-and-up_04.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • up-and-up_05.jpg
    up-and-up_05.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • up-and-up_06.jpg
    up-and-up_06.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • dealworthy_02.jpg
    dealworthy_02.jpg
    942.1 KB · Views: 15
  • dealworthy_03.jpg
    dealworthy_03.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 13
  • dealworthy_04.jpg
    dealworthy_04.jpg
    751 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
The first items will start appearing February 18 in the following categories: cotton balls, pet grooming, oral care and baby.

I buy the Up & Up storage bags and trash bags regularly. The paper towels are good too, but sometimes I get those from Costco.

I'm glad they took the time to improve an existing brand. I think out of some of the other older brands such as Market Pantry or Room Essentials it was the most fitting for an update. I don't think I would personally change Market Pantry either. I think Target would probably like to move more of that to Good and Gather and potentially discontinue the brand anyway.

Dealworthy is also making it's appearance starting next week- saw it in the Cotton POG. Basically just a rebranding of Up&Up. Haven't seen the new Up&Up look yet though.

Dealworthy is also making it's appearance starting next week- saw it in the Cotton POG. Basically just a rebranding of Up&Up. Haven't seen the new Up&Up look yet though.
Normally an item or two sneaks through early but I think Target tried to keep it under wraps until they were ready to release it. Im assuming all production runs going forward will have the new packaging and will be a mix of both looks for a bit. Thankfully this is a rolling change and not a rebrand with new DPCIs. Moving Market Pantry to Good and Gather was a nightmare because it required tons of transitions and all new DPCIs for everything. Obviously the new items joining the up&up brand will need revisions but should be relatively minor.

I first noticed this brand a few years ago when it was trademarked-

I first noticed this brand a few years ago when it was trademarked-

I remember you posting about it! When I heard there was something new coming into Beauty I looked up the trademarks to see if I could figure it out. Then saw the Dealworthy at the store; question answered. 😆

I remember you posting about it! When I heard there was something new coming into Beauty I looked up the trademarks to see if I could figure it out. Then saw the Dealworthy at the store; question answered. 😆
Is it just that one item? I haven’t seen this brand in any other categories or POGs. What’s the point of this brand?

Oral care being one of the categories first up explains why I've recently seen Smartly and Up & Up items out of stock and discontinued. Some guests have commented on a favorite no longer being available. Personal Care is coming up for transition soon, but this looks like it'll be a little more interesting than usual.
New stuff coming soon!

And I agree with @vendordontmesswithme about liquid hand soap and bar soap. They were popular sellers. I'd add the Smartly body lotion - had a really nice fragrance and it went on smoothly. (Although the large bottles of liquid hand soap refill were awful - at least one bottle in the case would be leaky, almost every single time.)

Is it just that one item? I haven’t seen this brand in any other categories or POGs. What’s the point of this brand?

So far I've just seen the one item. It wouldn't surprise me if there's more coming at some point. It's a great way to trick guests into thinking they have multiple options even though they are all Target-owned.

So far I've just seen the one item. It wouldn't surprise me if there's more coming at some point. It's a great way to trick guests into thinking they have multiple options even though they are all Target-owned.
And speak of the devil.. Target has given the official announcement on dealworthy. I updated the original post in this thread with this announcement as well.

Last edited:
So is Smartly gone now and dealworthy replaces it?
No mention of removing Smartly.. this looks like it’s in addition to, with 400 new items. They may discontinue Smartly down the road when more items roll out, as of now not enough items have launched.

Last edited:
Thought the same - the package design looks sort of cheap, imo. The new package design for Up and Up looks nice though.
Not a fan of the dealworthy branding/packaging either but I definitely think they were going for that dollar store look to send low price messages to the guest.

I don’t really know Target’s strategy here on these brand launches but we will have to see how well it resonates with the guest. Target is known for being on the pricier side so more low cost options might entice some new guests.

By the way, I was looking at the trademarks yesterday and I noticed there were a bunch of new ones for "Target Delivered", "Target Doorstep Delivery", and "Target Store To Door". So it seems like they might rebrand Shipt.

Back