Write up

Back in March I got written up. I got called to the office, my ETL read the write up and that was it.
Today my leader said that him and my ETL forgot to send it over to my workday and they were going to send it over soon for me to acknowledge. 6 months later.
I wonder why this just came up again. Any ideas?
Should I acknowledge it. I told the ETL when he talked to me that it was incorrect and he said he would change part of it.

Thank you. It was a write up for safety. Someone left a metro of meat outside of the ambient room. 3 boxes and they were all on the top shelf. I had no room to move it, I pulled it and when I did it hit a pallet that was in the middle of the floor and fell. I don’t know if anyone has had a metro fall on them but they fall very slowly. I backed out of the way and when I did I backed into a repack box, it hit me at the knee and I basically sat down on a soft box of clothes. So the write up was push not pull.
Yes, I learned and always push push push!

It was sitting in their box all this time. Someone didn't hit submit. I wouldn't sign it, tell them you assumed it was taken care of as a coaching because nobody asked you to acknowledge it in workday. Unfortunately, it will still be there whether or not you sign.

I ran into a similar situation in this thread.

The fact it was never submitted is why I didn't think I got wrote up.

As in that post above the only reason I saw it was I logged into Workday to see if I had any training.

They are right about it being in there forever but the you would think it would flag any message in Workday that wasn't acknowledged after being posted three or four days.

I ran into a similar situation in this thread.

The fact it was never submitted is why I didn't think I got wrote up.

As in that post above the only reason I saw it was I logged into Workday to see if I had any training.

They are right about it being in there forever but the you would think it would flag any message in Workday that wasn't acknowledged after being posted three or four days.
My TL told me today that him and the ETL sent it to my workday and for me to immediately sign. I said No thank you. He gave a ?? look. I said it’s to late now. My ETL later looked pissed. It was SD that told him to write me up.
i don’t know if I still am written up or how it works? Do you?

My TL told me today that him and the ETL sent it to my workday and for me to immediately sign. I said No thank you. He gave a ?? look. I said it’s to late now. My ETL later looked pissed. It was SD that told him to write me up.

Oh, you are written up.
I would keep close track of that shit because if more start showing up they are trying to performance you out.
I'm with you on refusing to sign it and pointing out what kind of bullshit it is.
But keep in mind that they don't care about fair or decent.
They are about the paperwork.
Your refusing to acknowledging it is great but very annoying as hell to them.

I would ask my ETL or HR to cancel it. It really is B's to wait that long

If you have improved since then and have not repeated the issue I would drop it after that length of time. However, I would still submit it if no action has been taken to address the issue. It seems as though you fall into the former so yeah I would politely ask but there is no hard rule they have to honor the request so be nice about it.

I would ask my ETL or HR to cancel it. It really is B's to wait that long
I never thought to ask this. I’ll tell you it is totally stressing me out hearing about it everyday. It still is not sent. I offered my lead yesterday to go to TSC and he could sent it and I would sign. I don’t want them in trouble. He said he has to get with the ETL and it’s the ETL’s weekend off.

Last edited:
If you have improved since then and have not repeated the issue I would drop it after that length of time. However, I would still submit it if no action has been taken to address the issue. It seems as though you fall into the former so yeah I would politely ask but there is no hard rule they have to honor the request so be nice about it.
Yes, they even see that I haven’t. I actually asked my team if you see me pulling tell me. I have only had one reminder.

Back