2024 up&up Refresh and dealworthy Launch

By the way, I was looking at the trademarks yesterday and I noticed there were a bunch of new ones for "Target Delivered", "Target Doorstep Delivery", and "Target Store To Door". So it seems like they might rebrand Shipt.

Might be connected with the rumored paid circle subscription for the spring.

How would that work for OPU since they don't charge now?
I doubt they're going to start charging for what is currently a free service, but if they simply rebrand shipt under target circle, or offer a delivery to your house rather than store pickup, that would be an opportunity for a paid membership

Speaking of new owned brands- when did Target sneak in Gigglescape? Saw it in the ad for this week (a couple stuffed animals) and remembered seeing it listed on the trademarks website.
Toy Transition Part 1 last month I think. It wasn’t made really clear at first this was an owned brand but it is.

I also read an article that Target is thinking about doing a membership fee (like Costco or Amazon) Not sure what benefits will be offered though

Speaking of new owned brands- Target snuck in Gigglescape. Saw it in the ad for this week (a couple stuffed animals) and remembered seeing it listed on the trademarks website.
The stuffed animals, squishmallows specifically, are so annoying to zone.

I also read an article that Target is thinking about doing a membership fee (like Costco or Amazon) Not sure what benefits will be offered though
I've seen this as well but I don't know where this information is coming from. I know Target in an official capacity stated that Target Circle enhancements are coming this Spring but obviously didn't detail what those were yet. Will Target Circle be expanded? I'd say yes. Will there be another program in addition to Target Circle? A lot harder to say, and I guess remains to be seen.

I don't think there is much value there for a paid membership outside of Shipt. We already offer completely free Drive Up / Pickup for every guest and I don't think there needs to be something like Prime for improved shipping speed since Target is omni-channel and would be better off investing in Shipt which offers Same-Day Delivery which is where you compete with Amazon.

Idk im not claiming to be an expert. Guess we will wait to see what Target has been up to.

When Smartly was launched, the publicity was that the new product line was the maximum-value-for-dollar brand for cost-conscious consumers. I just don't see the need for yet another "uber-economy" brand name. Doesn't this seem like yet another gee-whiz marketing gimmick, reshuffling the deck chairs a bit?

When Smartly was launched, the publicity was that the new product line was the maximum-value-for-dollar brand for cost-conscious consumers. I just don't see the need for yet another "uber-economy" brand name. Doesn't this seem like yet another gee-whiz marketing gimmick, reshuffling the deck chairs a bit?

Sometimes reshuffling the deck chairs make them look more appealing.

Back