Archived 2nd Break Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have the rules for breaks posted up near the time clock

They have the rules posted, and the rules say after 7 hours you get a second 15' break.

Unless you're on that particular SRTL's shift...

They have the rules posted, and the rules say after 7 hours you get a second 15' break.

Unless you're on that particular SRTL's shift...
I'd point it out to that Sr. TL next time your working, and HR and the STL.

They know all about the sign. I kept asking them about that and all I got was a deflection from the question. I was also told I was gonna receive a coaching for my disrespectful (asking why) tone.

They know all about the sign. I kept asking them about that and all I got was a deflection from the question. I was also told I was gonna receive a coaching for my disrespectful (asking why) tone.
If you have brought it up to all your superiors and still don't get anywhere then it's time for a jingle-jangle to the hotline. Louisiana law doesn't require meal breaks or rest breaks for those over 18, so the Labor Board won't do squat.

His? I've never mentioned gender...

I haven't brought it up - this was last night and now I'm off for two days.

So, no labor board to back me up? I guess that SRTL was correct! NO 2ND Breaks!!!

Scratch that, you can get some help from them if it does come to that, if they choose to offer them then they have to follow certain guidelines. You know, the ones that are posted on the wall...

Last edited:
That SRTL would disagree with you.

I'm not sure yet.

And yes, all others allow a 2nd break.

TBH, the two leaders (hardlines/softlines ) were having a contest among themselves to see who could get the best zone for the night. It's all they were talking about on the walkies, driving us TMs batty.

At one point, I was told I had to zone (to planogram) 10 ailes in 60 minutes. That's doable if the ailes aren't destroyed, but mine were pretty messed up. They freaked out when I told them I didn't think it was possible, but I'd give it my best shot.

Last edited:
TBH, the two leaders (hardlines/softlines ) were having a contest among themselves to see who could get the best zone for the night. It's all they were talking about on the walkies, driving us TMs batty.
Sounds like they need to get in a broom closet together in the back...

But it was a 15 - on the clock.

That doesn't matter you are paid to rest on that 15min break they can't force you to do anything but sit in the breakroom. Target isn't going to like hearing that they have leadership forcing people to work through their breaks. Sure they don't mine when it is kept on the down low but as a policy that leadership is bragging about and threatening to document for TM's questioning? Yeah no..

It's gonna be interesting when I clock in on Wednesday.

Okay, that needs to be elevated. Even threatening a coaching for bringing up your entitlement to breaks is way over the line. Counts as retaliation whether they go through with it or not.

They said it was my "tone of voice."

Sure, I was a tad pissed, but I know the rules.

I was just asking why... was this a new rule that came down?

Pretty sure my "tone" was about normal.

They said it was my "tone of voice."

Sure, I was a tad pissed, but I know the rules.

I was just asking why... was this a new rule that came down?

Pretty sure my "tone" was about normal.

Doesn't matter there should have never been that conversation since if they had followed targets break policy. They were just digging the hole deeper by threatening you for questioning their shenanigans.

I have found a lot of team members are afraid to stand up for themselves that's why these leaders feel so empowered. I wish they would try that at my store. They would run with their head tucked between their tail

Out of five people (most were noobs), I was the only one who said a word when this SRTL announced his decree.

I was not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back