Archived 3 NCNS, Not Terminated? (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have worked early morning Flow team since the middle of the summer, simply as a summer job to make some personal spending money. By that, I mean that I don't need this job to pay for food, bills, etc. Recently I've had some personal issues and just a lot of work outside of Target that made me basically say screw it and stop showing up for three shifts in a row. I expected to be fired and had simply accepted it, but I was scheduled for another week and just got a call asking if I could come in for a shift tomorrow morning.

Basically I'm going to go in on Thursday for my shift and put in my two weeks, I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone before. What is the chance my supervisor just tells me to leave? I'm not so worried about future recommendations, but I at least want to save some face and make a little more before leaving.

Before you say anything, yes I know this was tremendously disrespectful of me. I had an obligation to at least let them know I wouldn't be there for those shifts, but my mentality (read: self justification) was that they're going to be mad either way and getting an earful on the phone won't change that. I know I'm replaceable, and it's probably a drag to have to go through the hiring process for someone new but it's not like they actually trained me, so I doubt the next person would get any either. (Training was on a non truck day, basically along the lines of "it will all make sense when you do it.")

I really have appreciated this experience as a whole, it has helped me grow so much as an individual and get a reality check on what it's like to have a real job. At the same time, I'm not some box stacking superstar. I'm efficient, don't complain, have NEVER been late and only called out twice in four months (none during back to school overnights), but claiming I'm anything but slightly above average would be disingenuous.

I don't really know what I'm asking, but if anyone has any advice about what I should say or do when I go in (or to even go in) then that would be great. I've enjoyed seeing everyone's experiences on here over the past few months, it made me realize how great my store/Team leaders are compared to a lot of other situations. It's just time to move on and I want to get out of this situation as soon as possible, thanks.

TLDR: Didn't show up three days in a row, didn't get fired, planning on leaving but wondering if others have had similar experiences and how I should handle it.

I really have appreciated this experience as a whole, it has helped me grow so much as an individual and get a reality check on what it's like to have a real job.
You might be cashing that reality check sooner than you think.
Calling you in early may be their opp to term you for job abandonment, not that you care at this point.
OR they may want to find out WTF is going on & give you a chance to explain yourself.
Overall, it sounds like a poor use of your 'experience' considering your team mates (who DO depend on this job) had to pick up the slack when you didn't show.
An apology & giving your two weeks is the LEAST you can do.

Our flow team has tons of consistent NCNS. I know for a fact of 3 who did it 4-5 times last month and no punishment was sent down. With overnight work, some management expects unreliable people. The work is physical, early in the morning, and not very well paid, so they come to terms with the fact that a few of their employees might not be there any given day. No hard feelings toward them. Of course, all stores are different, but at mine, flow is as reliable as a game of craps.

Our flow team has tons of consistent NCNS. I know for a fact of 3 who did it 4-5 times last month and no punishment was sent down. With overnight work, some management expects unreliable people. The work is physical, early in the morning, and not very well paid, so they come to terms with the fact that a few of their employees might not be there any given day. No hard feelings toward them. Of course, all stores are different, but at mine, flow is as reliable as a game of craps.
Ours is the same. Weekends up to a quarter call out, ncns, or are late. Some if then have been there longer than I have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back