Archived 32 to 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrina

Team Member
Hey guys. I don’t know who I pissed off, but I’m going from steady 32 hours a week for the past 6 months down to 7. My etl is never there to talk to about it so I’m not sure what to do. I’ve worked at target for over three years and it feels as though they are giving my position away or trying to make me quit. I was hired as guest Service, which is what the 32 hrs were. Now the measley 7 hrs I’m getting is cashiering, which is something my etl knows I can’t do because of bad anxiety. I’m at my wits end. I love working for target, I love guest Service, I just don’t know what to do.

Who is getting scheduled at GS? Is it someone new? Or someone who wasn’t getting very many hours that spoke up and asked for more?

I find guest service to be more stressful than cashiering. What is it about being a cashier that raises your anxiety?

Apply unemployment benefits if your hours cut from 32 down to 7. At my state I must work at least three days for 4 hours each day or 12 hours per week to unqualified for unemployment benefits. That’s why target never scheduled me below 12 hours per week because they know I’ll apply unemployment benefits.

Apply unemployment benefits if your hours cut from 32 down to 7. At my state I must work at least three days for 4 hours each day or 12 hours per week to unqualified for unemployment benefits. That’s why target never scheduled me below 12 hours per week because they know I’ll apply unemployment benefits.

My state is being scheduled for 50% or less than your average. Although I am not sure how many weeks the look back period is to determine your average.

its a slow time between February - > May generally excluding Valentines Day/Easter. Generally you'll see hours pick up decently in May again.

Who is getting scheduled at GS? Is it someone new? Or someone who wasn’t getting very many hours that spoke up and asked for more?

THIS.
We recently got a few new TLs who needed to be trained at GS, FE, etc. That cut down on some hours for the people who usually worked those positions. In our case, they tried to give the GSTLs/GSAs cashier shifts so they’d still get their hours. I get the idea behind it, but worst implementation ever. Guessing you might be dealing with something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back