• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

401k Tax info

For anyone who has withdrawn money from their 401k...

Have you received your 1099-R statement yet? I have been waiting so I can finish my taxes, and that's the only thing I'm waiting on. I tried checking the website and even emailed TMSC, but haven't gotten a reply. Any other ideas?

You should have gotten it by now,I would call them,sorry I do not have the # but should be easy to get.

nib

Sorry for the mis-information you've been given, 1099's are sent to employees by the TBC Target Benefit Centers 401k's department 800-828-5850 good luck!
For anyone who has withdrawn money from their 401k...

Have you received your 1099-R statement yet? I have been waiting so I can finish my taxes, and that's the only thing I'm waiting on. I tried checking the website and even emailed TMSC, but haven't gotten a reply. Any other ideas?

Do you know the penalty for withdrawing your 401k early? I have an "After-tax" 401k set up with Target (idk why it's not called a ROTH) and I plan on withdrawing within 5-10 years.. before age 30. I'm already paying taxes on it since it's not the "Before-tax" option so I'm curious what the penalty will be. I heard it's a 10% tax or something

The general rule for removing money from a 401k: "If you withdraw money from your 401(K) before the age of 59.5, you will be required to pay tax and a 10% penalty fine to the IRS." So if you are paying tax BEFORE the money goes in, and you withdraw the funds before age 59.5, you will still have a 10% penalty you will have to pay.