Archived 4th quarter start? Small trucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 4 trucks last week were so small that's we got sent home at 9am. We are a 6am flow team. Well today we only had a 1300 piece truck and got sent home early again. I thought hours were supposed to pick up by now?

It could be that your area doesn't see an increase this early. My store moved up to a 4am unload last week to help accommodate for the larger trucks.

We moved to a 4 am process for the 4th quarter. We are suppose to have two extra trucks next week and we are a ULV store

We are getting heavy starting next week with the trucks and we are moving to 4am to accommodate the extra workload.

We're year round O/N, we're starting doubles/triples next week. Usually we start the first week and a half of Q4 with smaller trucks but they get big quick.

How about that 2200 + 2500 GM + 1200 FDC?

We ain't getting home until 9.

Backroom wont get out until around 10.

Our store is an overnight all year long. Double last night 2260 and 1800. Tonight 2300 plus 1000 pfresh truck. Glad I don't work back room anymore

That's pretty crazy you guys are switching your unload times. I'm glad we are not lol. 4am instead of 6am would kill me.

We switched to 5 trucks per week, starting at 4 AM. Our last Saturday truck was 600 pieces and we had a full flow team. We were all asked to stay to help play catch up for all of the other teams.

My ULV store just increased truck sizes and changed shift times. We were a 7:30am start but they switched to 6am. We also went from MWF truck days to TTS. Next week we have 4 trucks and since last Friday we've been pushing 2000+ freight.

Happy Holidays to us.

I'm surprised they send 1300 piece trucks. I thought the minimum was 1500
We had a 1400 last week. And the one with the new tp fir the store was 800.

We normally get 3-4 with 1500-2000, right now running 4-5 with 1800-2500 and next week starts 5-6 at 1800-2500.

Damn makes me think something is up with my store with only 4 trucks a week small trucks so far. We just get sent home instead of helping out other areas. They have saved quite a bit of payroll from this.

We are normally a 6 am start 5 trucks. Now 4 am start and 6 trucks. Yesterday truck never showed up and no one was allowed to leave. Got light duty clean, zoned and pushed holiday. Great to catch up.

We have been starting at 5:30 with 4 trucks/wk so far. The fifth doesn't seem to have enough (circa 800 or less) to happen. Nonetheless, our BR is PACKED (id est: overflowing). Today, I had three 6'+ palettes of boxed paper. A 1/2 palette of that remained at the end of my shift. Nowhere to put it. And then there's the XXXmas backstock. No comments. I take the fifth. I have an alibi! :)

We're normally there at 4am for 5 trucks a week. We've switched to 3am with 7 trucks a week, with promises of at least one double each week starting next week. Trucks have been small so far (today's was just shy 2000), but I'm certain they'll get rough soon. Last year our biggest was about 3000 pieces and it suuuuucked, and that was during the dock strike.

In my experience, this is "usually" the norm. There's a stretch of small trucks in a row right after Halloween ends, just before it ramps up into sheer chaos that Black Friday and the Christmas season brings. My advice? Enjoy the rest, you're going to need it soon.

Yea it's slowed down a little this week for flow, but they're switching to 2am next week.

looks like no truck today ... lol

jurupa-valley-crash.jpg

I liked your picture @qmosqueen and then cancelled it because I really don't see how anyone got out of that alive.
Still think it's a good post though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back