Archived 50 years of Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
Saw some signage today about Target celebrating 50 years.
Anyone know what this will be about?
Is this just to impress our guests so they know we've been around a long time?
Will any TMs get something out of this?

Saw some things on my STL's desk, looked like invites, they had spots to put time and place on them. Approx. 8x10 in size.

Wasn't the first Target or Dayton store opened in 1962? I guess that'd be about 50 years...

Wasn't the first Target or Dayton store opened in 1962? I guess that'd be about 50 years...

Target opened in May 1962. Walmart opened in July 1962 so both companies will be marking 50 years this year, with Target going first.

Yippee!
Not only are we going to get Target at 50, but also Walmart.
Kmart is having too much trouble, doubt that they'll admit to 50 years....especially since they may not make it to 51!

The big difference is the Target opened as a major retailer at an indoor mall if I remember correctly.

there's a box with a 50 Years of Target sticker in my office in TSC - it's getting dusty. Been there awhile.

Saw some signage today about Target celebrating 50 years.
Anyone know what this will be about?
Is this just to impress our guests so they know we've been around a long time?
Will any TMs get something out of this?

I thought we couldn't celebrate birthday's because of some religious reason?

doubtful we get anything, they asked at huddle last week what 2012 means to target, i blabbed out 50 years and they were all WOOO WOOO TARGET 50 YEARS AWESOME!! then that was it, havnt heard about it since

Target @ 50 Years:

We rose from mediocre service to barely passable and then back down to mediocre without missing a beat. We can't do anything for you because birthday's may offend somebody somewhere and that includes this company since it is considered a person by law. Now get off the clock because you are all wasting pay roll.

We had CAKE on the big day.....whattaya know....
It was small so everyone's piece was like a 2" square.....kinda like this yr's raises.

we're having cake tomorrow.. a cook out on saturday.. random drawings for prizes, and snacks in the breakroom every day for a week. I feel like i'm missing something but i can't figure out what..

We're having something on the 13th at my store. And I'm actually working that day!:girl_smile: That almost never happens. They usually do things like this when it's my day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back