Archived $500 Gift Card- Work Win Give

Status
Not open for further replies.
No news about it at my store although the sign notifying everyone about the yet-to-happen-drawing-that's-already-happened is still posted. All I know is that it wasn't me hearing, "Congratulations, you're the lucky winner!"

Dumb game. My dad got sick and I had to call off. The only time I called off this year. I won't say it's not fair, because they can make the rules. But damn, I guess attendance doesn't matter the rest of the year.

It was random, drawn out of the store, and not based on attendance. I think stores liked to imply that to get people to show up. You had to be a team member "in good standing" meaning not on a corrective action.

It was random, drawn out of the store, and not based on attendance. I think stores liked to imply that to get people to show up. You had to be a team member "in good standing" meaning not on a corrective action.

No. At my store, there were ornaments hanging from tsc. When you were late or called off, your name was taken down. Out of the game.

No. At my store, there were ornaments hanging from tsc. When you were late or called off, your name was taken down. Out of the game.
Then that is a hotline call. Stores had NO SAY in who won. Could it have been a separate in-store contest?

We had an attendance contest as well as the work.win.give. thing happening. I got knocked out of the first with a death in the family, and I've heard absolutely zero about the second.

It was all over the evening news, business journals, career websites, and Target "Bullseye View" newsletter...

Maybe I should have been watching the evening news, business journals, etc. It seems like something that would warrant at least a little note next to the time clock, and I'm telling you there was nothing mentioned anywhere at my store. The gift card would have been great, but I have a local charity I'm really passionate about that I would have loved to donate to.

Maybe I should have been watching the evening news, business journals, etc. It seems like something that would warrant at least a little note next to the time clock, and I'm telling you there was nothing mentioned anywhere at my store. The gift card would have been great, but I have a local charity I'm really passionate about that I would have loved to donate to.
I only noticed as my ears perk up when I hear Target being mentioned on the news. I saw it in newspaper as well.

I wonder how the single winner in each store is taxed on the $1,000. I'm assuming the $500 donation offsets the taxable $1,000 as it's actually $1,000 the TM got, not $500, and income would reflect $1,000, not $500, therefore he/she will have to do a tax return reflective of the $500 donation in order to actually GET the $500.

That is, they will have to declare and be taxed on an additional $1,000 and then deduct the charitable contribution.

Not all file tax returns. Retired and disabled aren't required to unless reaching $25k per annum after adjustments (which few do).

When I have gotten my service awards, the company actually awards the amount of the award plus the amount that I would have to pay in taxes. So for example, if the award is $25 for X years of service, I would get a gift card for $25 but my pay statement would say $27.48. As someone else already posted, Target makes a charitable donation "in your name," meaning you get recognition, but Spot gets the tax deduction.

Haven’t Heard anything at my dc either about who won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back