Archived $500 Gift Card- Work Win Give

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many stores never had it announced or even a word said as to who won the $500 Work Win Give this year? Apparently at our store, it's a big secret and NOBODY KNOWS who won.....

No idea in my store. Probably because it would have a pretty negative reaction if it was a seasonal hire. The rest of the store is relatively close enough that they'd be happy for each other.

They announced it in the breakroom while I was in there with like 6 other people which seems really random lol. I’m still salty it was a seasonal

Very strange. I could find much Target boasting about the program yet absolutely NO results.

Maybe the winners haven't been picked yet.

I see a loophole to posting winners though as they are avoiding direct charitable donation, which would be public knowledge.

Read key words:

Target is also investing more than $2 million in its work.win.give program, which will randomly select one hourly team member from each of Target's stores and distribution centers to receive a $500 holiday gift card and donate $500 to the community organization of their choice.

The fact that TM is "making donation" relieves Target the responsibility of publishing winners. As a publicly held corporation Target would be required to list donations. As income to a TM, not.

Found out today by asking someone who asked someone else. Ours is a full-time TM who has been with us a couple of years. Glad it wasn't one of the near useless seasonals.

Our winner was posted in the TMSC, if not super prominently, but I didn't recognize the name (not unusual, I don't recognize many names at my store).

It was a seasonal at my store ... we are a bit salty about it ... a good seasonal why not .. but this one was useless ...

This promotion was dumb..... It should have been based on something.... Making it random was a slap in the face.
They could have used this promotion to lure employees to work harder.
Actually, it was used in the press (TV evening news and a wide range of print) to lure seasonals. :confused:

I have no idea what you’re even talking about. I never heard or saw anything about “Work Win Give” at my store.

I have no idea what you’re even talking about. I never heard or saw anything about “Work Win Give” at my store.
It was all over the evening news, business journals, career websites, and Target "Bullseye View" newsletter.

The gist of it from Bullseye View:

work.win.give.
Target offers team members opportunities to make an impact on guests and their communities too. This year, through our work.win.give. appreciation program, we’ll award one hourly team member in each of our stores and distribution centers the chance to donate $500 to the local community organization of their choice—along with a $500 Target GiftCard for themselves.

It was announced at my store. General consensus is that it was dumb and store wanted the extra $1 on the weekends before Christmas instead of this.

Of course the winner thought it was awesome. 😂
It WAS dumb. They did it for publicity and not for us, IMO. If they wanted to do something for us the $1 would have been nice or even a $10 GC for each REGULAR hourly TM.

If 100 TMs (on average) each store, the expenditure, $1,000, would be the same.

Even if $5 to average of 200 per store...still same.

It was all over the evening news, business journals, career websites, and Target "Bullseye View" newsletter.
It really was. I remember we had a lady come to guest service because she thought all she had to do was apply and get the job and they’d give her a $500 gift card. After a long conversation and a lot of convincing, she said, “well, that’s stupid” and handed us her paper application back.

/divides 500 by 12

Yeah, they could have just given me an extra 41 hours this month. I'd be happy. They'd get work for their money and would come out ahead. But, what do I know? I was just the only person scheduled today in all of hardlines, seriously just me, from 2pm to close. But, I was off at 8pm so no one in hardlines from then until close.

Spend money on gift card promotion that sucks is better than on payroll to do work that needs to be done. Fucking galaxy brain geniuses at corporate.

I know who won at my store. They deserved it and donated to a charity that was extremely happy. No announcement that I'm aware of though, which makes sense. Some people are very petty about that kind of thing.

Also, I find it interesting that it's given and counted as income for the employee which is going to mess with some people's tax refunds. I'm also assuming that the amount given to charity will be a nice tax write off for Target as well. Almost like they found another way to truly screw their employees. They've been great at that this year.

Of course the winner at my store was some kid who still lives with his parents and mommy and daddy pay for everything. They announced the winner at the group huddle and this idiot was like “wow I’m rich now! I quit!!!” And we never saw him again. Sucks because some of us are just barely scraping by and work so hard and really could have used that gift card!!!

Seasonal won for us too. On a side note, now those of you who have been here for 1-3 years and think this in unfair may have a better understanding why us veteran TMs are so bitter about receiving only a bump in pay to the $15 rate but newer TMs are receiving their merit review + "up to" the bump in pay towards $15. It has wiped out 7-10+ years of increases for us . . . but then again, at least we aren't DTLs who are leaving left and right . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back