Reloadable Red Card

DBZ

There is a new Red Card. It's essentially a pre-paid card. You load the funds onto it and then you can save 5%. Apparently you can direct deposit money onto it and take money off at an ATM

I see it says you can add money to it, but I'm not sure how. I don't recall seeing an option on the registers, is that done at the ATM as well?

Reading the site makes me think it works like buying a giftcard? You choose an amount, cashier scans it as an item you're purchasing, then you pay?

I see it says you can add money to it, but I'm not sure how. I don't recall seeing an option on the registers, is that done at the ATM as well?

Reading the site makes me think it works like buying a giftcard? You choose an amount, cashier scans it as an item you're purchasing, then you pay?
1669616508654.png

There is a new Red Card. It's essentially a pre-paid card. You load the funds onto it and then you can save 5%. Apparently you can direct deposit money onto it and take money off at an ATM

Not new Target had this years ago at some stores. I hated it guests could load money on it with credit card to get the 5% and they would get whatever point they got with credit card. Target finally changed it to cash only to load card. Haven’t seen or loaded one of these cards in years.

Not new Target had this years ago at some stores. I hated it guests could load money on it with credit card to get the 5% and they would get whatever point they got with credit card. Target finally changed it to cash only to load card. Haven’t seen or loaded one of these cards in years.
It's new, sort of. The concept did exist years ago, but it was done away with, this is a reboot of it basically though, but with some changes.

As for goals, my store's goal was certainly never anywhere near 30 a day since I've worked here, but it was upwards of 50 a week sometimes, now it's more like 10 a week. We reach the current goal without ever asking anyone to sign up, whereas when I started the GSTL used to walk around looking to spot cashiers not asking, and then coach them for having not asked. Now? Our SETL's don't even ask the advocates to ask guests.

I use it literally everyday. I have my Target paycheck direct deposited to it.

Zero fees. On top of being sent the $40 off $40 or more purchase with the new card in the mail was amazing. No credit check. No fees. Free $40 of stuff from Target.

To add cash dowoad the reloadable Redcard app, select the amount to reload, and a barcode generates. The cashier scans the barcode - accepts the cash - and it's on the card that very second.

Why wouldn't you sign up for one? It's amazing!

I use it literally everyday. I have my Target paycheck direct deposited to it.

Zero fees. On top of being sent the $40 off $40 or more purchase with the new card in the mail was amazing. No credit check. No fees. Free $40 of stuff from Target.

To add cash dowoad the reloadable Redcard app, select the amount to reload, and a barcode generates. The cashier scans the barcode - accepts the cash - and it's on the card that very second.

Why wouldn't you sign up for one? It's amazing!
I wouldn’t because I have a regular debit red card attached to my checking account. With this new I would have to go to atm to get cash to load on card. I could see where someone with no bank account might like it.

I wouldn’t because I have a regular debit red card attached to my checking account. With this new I would have to go to atm to get cash to load on card. I could see where someone with no bank account might like it.
Might be worth it to get the $40 off of $40 coupon!

This would have been a good opportunity to reduce plastic waste by putting gift card promotions onto it automatically.

This would have been a good opportunity to reduce plastic waste by putting gift card promotions onto it automatically.
I would like it if we had the option to add it directly to the Target Circle wallet so you wouldn't have to put it in by hand.

Last edited:
Walmart has something similar to this and people I know who don't have a bank account for various reasons use this instead of a standard debit card. Your paycheck goes straight to the card and you can check the remaining balance using an app.
doesn’t target have something like this? where your paycheck goes into a card that you can use. you can even use it with your red card discount. i saw it on the POS. awhile ago

nono. it’s called like target payroll something. it’s like a card that your paycheck goes to. i’m swear target has something like this.
The reloadable redcard can do this as well, kind of defeats the need for the other option unless it earns interest like a traditional banking account.

Back