Archived 64 hours to 4 hours...are they trying to tell me something??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I worked 64 hours last week, scheduled for 40 this week...then scheduled for FOUR hours the following week. I understand that flex stuff drops but in the last year I’ve never been scheduled for this few hours....is this normal??

I have no idea but I’ve seen tms with 4/5 hrs willingly since every other days they unavailable because of school.

Your leadership may have scheduled light with the intent of adding hours if business is good, but four hours during the week after Black Friday sounds odd.

I'm at less hours but down from my usual 32-36 to 20-24.

64 hours is crazy. No one at my store even gets overtime and we need it with all the stuff that goes untouched.

Your store leadership is trying to be green on OT at the expense of using efficiency. I was at a store that gave OT like candy knowing our best workers needed the money and would get the job done. I've always felt that's the way to go.

At my store, no one allows a minute overtime!!!! My 4th quarter schedule are worse one in 18+years. I haven’t get 38 hours yet ☹️ It’s time to dust off my resume because 1st quarter will not get better either.

Attachments

• 11233840-8867-4F73-8EC9-C19E8E7AB49C.jpeg
    11233840-8867-4F73-8EC9-C19E8E7AB49C.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 57
My guess your not preforming well
Lol that was my logical guess as well. Was assured that I have been doing well and going above and beyond so guess I need to talk to HR 🤷‍♀️. Just seems weird and I’d rather be able to schedule my shifts out than wait to be called in every single day to help out.

Lol that was my logical guess as well. Was assured that I have been doing well and going above and beyond so guess I need to talk to HR 🤷‍♀️. Just seems weird and I’d rather be able to schedule my shifts out than wait to be called in every single day to help out.
Your store is saving payroll at your expense. They call you in every single day instead of scheduling for the week, because that way if it’s busy they can call you in, but since you weren’t scheduled if it’s not busy they save payroll. 🙄

Your store is saving payroll at your expense. They call you in every single day instead of scheduling for the week, because that way if it’s busy they can call you in, but since you weren’t scheduled if it’s not busy they save payroll. 🙄
Yep seems that was the case. I managed to casually mention my hours to my favorite ETL while he was begging me to pick up extra shifts this week and he freaked out. I joked about needing to get a third job and then he reallyyyy freaked out 😂. New schedule out today and bingo! More hours for the week after the 4 hour one!

In hindsight the 4 hour week could work out well. Might even get someone to cover that one so I can go away for a week. Sitting at 59 hours for this week with 2 days to go and permission to work as much and as long as I can, including overnights. Guess it worked out, but not looking forward to January if they plan to keep giving me no hours again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back