Archived 7-AM opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhettB

I've forgotten more than many young ETLs know.
I have not seen this yet, but stores in my area with a Starbucks are now going to open at 7 instead of 8.

Its supposedly part of the Starbucks contract renewals from what I was told. So easier to just open the whole store. Oh, and no added payroll. Early AM flow will have to get call boxes if needed.

I'd be fine with it. Haven't heard anything here though.

Its supposedly part of the Starbucks contract renewals from what I was told. So easier to just open the whole store. Oh, and no added payroll. Early AM flow will have to get call boxes if needed.
Is Starbucks picking and choosing where to do this? Or are they going to try to push it in to all stores?

In a lot of places, they are probably only competing with themselves by doing this (we have a Starbucks with a drive thru in the same shopping center).

My store has been 7am-Midnight for quite sometime.

I assume this has more to do with sales volume and area.

My store has been opening at 7am on Saturday and Sunday for over a year now, M-F it's 8am, aren't all stores like this? Or are you talking 7am every day?

My store has been opening at 7am on Saturday and Sunday for over a year now, M-F it's 8am, aren't all stores like this? Or are you talking 7am every day?
No. In my area most stores are open 8am to 10pm every day. Some stores might close at 9 on Sunday and some stay open until 11 on Saturday.

We just finished our weird summer hours when we were open until 11PM on Friday and Saturday.

My store is a midnight store Monday-Saturday and 11pm on Sunday's. AS a hardline TM we are usually scheduled an half hour past closing. We don't always stay till them but for the most part we do.

Is Starbucks picking and choosing where to do this? Or are they going to try to push it in to all stores?

In a lot of places, they are probably only competing with themselves by doing this (we have a Starbucks with a drive thru in the same shopping center).

All the ones in my district are.

I stoped by old store today to pick up a few things and there is a sign at Starbucks saying that starting oct 2 they will be opening at 7 am. I asked the Starbucks tl what that meant for the rest of the store. The new STL is saying that from 7-8 we will only have self check out open as far as staffing in the floorbgoes it will be a tl a sales floor team member a electronics tm and one Softlines tm. The gstl will have to cover guest service and self check out. Our new store hours will be 7am-midnight Monday through Saturday and 7am- 11pm sundays. Thank god am out of there

The whole store will be open to guests. Only GSA/GSTL, open LOD, and SB will come in earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back