Starbucks Alerts

What is the point of a lot of the TM My Devices getting Starbucks alerts?

It's not like I can run up there and make the drink.

It probably has to do with whatever workcenters you have selected. I don't get those alerts; I only have style, Dec home, and beauty selected. I would assume those who have certain food workcenters selected, as well as all leadership, will get the alerts.

Well, at our store with about 30-40 orders an hour all day every one of our TMs is running up to take a drink out to some lazy fuck in the parking lot. Meanwhile, it's taken 3 days to unload a truck and not a single piece of freight has been pushed yet. But sure, we got a plan for the future...
They're probably pulling floor/inbound people to do OPU/DU and cashiering because the front end staffing is hot garbage.

Lately the trend is some days with no cashier (just SCO) until 10am, and no cart guy until 1 or even 2!

They're probably pulling floor/inbound people to do OPU/DU and cashiering because the front end staffing is hot garbage.

Lately the trend is some days with no cashier (just SCO) until 10am, and no cart guy until 1 or even 2!
No, that was actually the past 6 months before Starbucks was available. Every DBO had to do at least 2 carts every day, now it's just asanine. We always have at least 1 cashier because too many Guests complained. Of course they don't have money since it's usually the Lighthouse TM on register. Have NEVER had a Cart Attendant before 2 pm, and I've been here since we opened the store....

Speaking of Starbucks ours just left to go to standalone Starbucks to make $5 more an hour.

The general public doesn't realized that at Kroger and Target the Baristas don't directly work for Starbucks.

Certain areas of the store may be named a codeword so that guests (read 'criminals') don't figure out where reserves are kept.
When the courier comes for delivery/pick-up they're announced over walkie using a codeword that leadership is privy to.
The one time a newbie called it out using regular nomenclature, they were immediately instructed to go to another channel.

Certain areas of the store may be named a codeword so that guests (read 'criminals') don't figure out where reserves are kept.
When the courier comes for delivery/pick-up they're announced over walkie using a codeword that leadership is privy to.
The one time a newbie called it out using regular nomenclature, they were immediately instructed to go to another channel.

I counted the cash for the big box bookstore and our 'code' for the pickup was "the man with the gun is here".
Not exactly subtle,

This term feels ancient and by the sound of it little to no one knows.

I don’t think it’s that serious to gatekeep the term. especially when the much more common 239 or 3239 term is used significantly more and is documented here
You'd think but ever since our core Leadership at night changed, and newbies do most things, they loudly profess over the walkie, "hey Leader I'm ready for the cash from the Cash Office!!"

Back