Archived 7 AM Truck unload

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have more people to push the truck it'll go by faster, then flo is split up to the different work centers and helps the teams complete their workload, which will go faster since its double the people. days a week and he is ULV. He could be just a test store. I don't want to go into actual specifics to give spot any ideas on who I could be.... Message me for more
If.
Well in stocks, pricing, pog + flow would be pushing....

If you have more people to push the truck it'll go by faster, then flo is split up to the different work centers and helps the teams complete their workload, which will go faster since its double the people. days a week and he is ULV. He could be just a test store. I don't want to go into actual specifics to give spot any ideas on who I could be.... Message me for more
If.
then sales floor & extra cashiers pushing too.

If.

TL and ETL's as well.
Don't look at me like that, it happens.

If.

TL and ETL's as well.
Don't look at me like that, it happens.

hey commie, we need to help flow team push, again...

If my store goes the way of others, having everyone push the truck will mean the LOD, possibly 1 ETL, 1 or 2 TLs, an electronics TM, and an in stocks TM or 2 (plus flow/backroom). How any of us will be expected to complete our own tasks/core roles, I don't know. -_-

We went to 6AM a while ago, horribly inefficient process. On big trucks, we won't even finish unload until 7:30-8:00am.

I'm not sure if other stores work the same, but we're not allowed pallets on the floor or bowling anything out. It's an arduous process to pack everything into receiving at 8 then scrap up vehicles in order to get what freight we'll actually be able to work out onto the floor. All in the name of guest service, of course.

This past week was also our first doing the new 6am unload, and it's been a complete nightmare so far. We averaged a 7:30a unload time, and finished bowling pallets around 7:45 - 15 minutes before we open. Our first day of the new unload time was a 2500 piece truck, and even back when we had our early unload time we still struggled to get off the floor with a truck that size by 8am, so this was basically hell. We had boxes all over the floor, trash carts, stray vehicles... it's been ugly, and our team is really stressed out about it and morale is shot. I hope Spot realizes the guests aren't going to care that there's more team members on the floor if they're tripping over boxes and breaking their necks, or can't get through isles because there's merchandise all over the floor. Plus payroll is tight this month at our store so we can't overspend on flow. Our opening ETL had to finish what was left of truck and it took until around 3pm, and on Friday night I was in the store shopping and there were still smart carts left over from truck, and this was at 7pm. I'm praying this won't last long, but I have a feeling it will...

This past week was also our first doing the new 6am unload, and it's been a complete nightmare so far. We averaged a 7:30a unload time, and finished bowling pallets around 7:45 - 15 minutes before we open. Our first day of the new unload time was a 2500 piece truck, and even back when we had our early unload time we still struggled to get off the floor with a truck that size by 8am, so this was basically hell. We had boxes all over the floor, trash carts, stray vehicles... it's been ugly, and our team is really stressed out about it and morale is shot. I hope Spot realizes the guests aren't going to care that there's more team members on the floor if they're tripping over boxes and breaking their necks, or can't get through isles because there's merchandise all over the floor. Plus payroll is tight this month at our store so we can't overspend on flow. Our opening ETL had to finish what was left of truck and it took until around 3pm, and on Friday night I was in the store shopping and there were still smart carts left over from truck, and this was at 7pm. I'm praying this won't last long, but I have a feeling it will...

Stop bowling. Break it out onto flats.

Stop bowling. Break it out onto flats.

We do, partially. Typically furniture, lawn&patio, mini seasonal, beverage, and plastics go on flats. Domestics, toys, sporting goods, and home improvement get bowled into carts in each isle, and everywhere else hits the floor. We work the floor first, and wheels once the floor is clear. I'm sure the process will get easier in time, but right now there's just a bit of a learning curve to figure out what's going to work best for us.

Just out of curiosity...
For any stores that are 7 am, how big are your trucks normally, and how many do you take per week?

really, you get $2 more for working at walmart, ****, maybe I should apply to a flow team like position at walmart overnights for some extra cash haha

Did have a new hire say she could not come to orientation, as it conflicted with her schedule at her other job (Walmart).[/QUOTE]

Can't work at Target and one of our main competitors. Field Partners would crap a brick if they caught wind of this...

really, you get $2 more for working at walmart, ****, maybe I should apply to a flow team like position at walmart overnights for some extra cash haha

Did have a new hire say she could not come to orientation, as it conflicted with her schedule at her other job (Walmart).

Can't work at Target and one of our main competitors. Field Partners would crap a brick if they caught wind of this...[/QUOTE]

I am sure that this would not fly at Wally either. Someone who tried this would go from two jobs to none really fast.

About to start a new thread then found this one : )
I work overnight (10:00 unload, truck size usually between 15-20) and we all got the news last night that we are changing to a 4:00am unload process. A lot of members of the team will be leaving since the new hours will not work for them, or the cut in pay due to shorter shifts will not be enough. I am still in shock a little bit but hopefully be able to make it work. I was told our base pay would be altered to make up for the loss in shift dif. I am not looking forward to the teething process though as I am sure there will be resistance to change and hiccups along the way. We still will not be able to have pallets on the floor after open, only flats and tubs (which we never have enough as it is.) Any tips or experiences from you guys that may have gone through the change from 10 to 4 would really help.

hang in there. the same thing happened to my store, 2 years ago. you will be in contact with guests after 8am & will be exepect to help them. work out push neatly & clean after 8am. good luck..

Ugh, that's one of my biggest issues with the time change. The reason I took this job in the first place over something else in retail was the lack of "guests." I know that's totally against the Target state of mind but it's the truth. I am backroom so will be there until noon so I guess I better get over my social anxiety, they probably won't let me hide back there behind the mountain of backstock forever.

Been feeling this too. Clearance flexed into the aisle so guests have to hunt for it, so does the pricing team. If we do have clearance end caps it looks as though was just dumped on. No one cares from Stl to tl. They say they care but not in their actions. I care but can't take the time as then i am made to explain why my job not finished. And given a look of why would you fix that, it wasn't important. We are told finish this 100% before moving on but are told to do other things instead of finishing. Tl and Etls can just tie a pog/revision and move on just to get the numbers to 95%. Tis store is pushing everyone past the point of caring and it is beginning to show as you shop.

Ugh, that's one of my biggest issues with the time change. The reason I took this job in the first place over something else in retail was the lack of "guests." I know that's totally against the Target state of mind but it's the truth. I am backroom so will be there until noon so I guess I better get over my social anxiety, they probably won't let me hide back there behind the mountain of backstock forever.

You'll still be in the back. The only thing that might change for you other than your hours is having to do sales floor or guest request pulls. But don't worry, you'll still have all that backstock waiting for you.

The process slows down HORRIBLY after 8AM. And if you're like my store, everyone leaves after their scheduled shift and only a few are extended. We tried extending the team once, overspent by around 200 hours to get the trucks actually finished. It blows my mind how much time we spend getting things back onto pallets and into receiving or from the pallets in receiving onto flats and onto the floor only to not be able to bowl into the aisles. It's a sales issue, though. They need more people on the floor to provide guest service, which, surprise, takes away even more from the process. I shouldn't have to stop what I'm doing to help a guest take a TV out to their car or decide on which blender to buy.

Is it purely a safety thing with the pallets not being able to be out? I've seen Wal-Mart and other retail stores have pallets out with no issue, I don't get why we don't. A flat is much easier to ride than a pallet jack, anyway.

What I don't understand is why Super can and we can't. I know 10-11 is different than 8-12, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back