Archived 7 hour shifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone I’m new here. Been at target for 6 months, I’m a main closer in our store and because of my availability I work beauty fri-sun and hardlines during the week. A couple days ago I was told that headquarters is coming down on all the stores saying they can only schedule 7 hour shifts now. What is up with that or is this only my store doing this?

Hey everyone I’m new here. Been at target for 6 months, I’m a main closer in our store and because of my availability I work beauty fri-sun and hardlines during the week. A couple days ago I was told that headquarters is coming down on all the stores saying they can only schedule 7 hour shifts now. What is up with that or is this only my store doing this?
Definitely made up

I wished that happened during my day.

Lots of times I was scheduled 4:30-close with lunch. Usually out by 1100 no matter what.

In the last month I've been scheduled for everything from 4 hours to 8.5 hours, similar range over the next couple weeks.

Is this just for closing for 4th quarter in case you have to stay after store close to get the store back in order or are they just keeping hours down all together?

Has to just be your store. I'm always scheduled for more than 7 hours now. But, there are always other TMs scheduled for less who come in after me and leave before I do. One of them I was talking to a few days ago was just being scheduled for 3 and 4 hour shifts.

Total lie so they can cut hours.

Is this just for closing for 4th quarter in case you have to stay after store close to get the store back in order or are they just keeping hours down all together?
Noo like apparently everyone has to work 7 hours or more during the week. Like the minors won’t be scheduled during the week now

Our sales floor shifts are typically 7.5-8.5 paid hours. Presentation and log sometimes have 10 hour shifts, the kind where they schedule your lunch with precision so you only get one, and you leave a few minutes early 😝

Cashiers on the other hand, usually get 4-6 hour shifts

Our sales floor shifts are typically 7.5-8.5 paid hours. Presentation and log sometimes have 10 hour shifts, the kind where they schedule your lunch with precision so you only get one, and you leave a few minutes early 😝

Cashiers on the other hand, usually get 4-6 hour shifts
Before I went on LOA everyone was getting 4 hour and 5 hour shifts.

Not too long ago there was a big problem with people being scheduled 4 hours or less, some of them having an hour or more commute. This seems like a reaction to that feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back