Archived 9 hours between shifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the end of one work week in Target-land (Sunday-Saturday) and the beginning of another, so I'm guessing this was an oops on someone's part. Modernization has meant decreased hours for some TMs, including the HR assistant who recently quit at my store because her hours went down so much. And if the same or similar has happened at your store, this could be fallout from that.
Put one of your shifts up on the swap board if you want. And talk to your TL or whoever writes the schedule to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I actually got a doc's note saying I needed 12 hours between shifts.

There are a few states and cities that have laws against clopening but no Federal.
I'm told there was a time when it was Spot policy to have 8 hours between shifts at least but I understand that is ignored now.

I used to clopen with about 6 hours between shifts after my commute. A simple conversation with HR can help keep this from happening in the future. There is always a slip up on every schedule, no matter how many eyes look it over. Unfortunately not everyone who writes schedules has Next Week’s schedule open while they’re working on the two week out to keep clopeninva from happening.

I used to clopen with about 6 hours between shifts after my commute. A simple conversation with HR can help keep this from happening in the future. There is always a slip up on every schedule, no matter how many eyes look it over. Unfortunately not everyone who writes schedules has Next Week’s schedule open while they’re working on the two week out to keep clopeninva from happening.
Usually when you point it out to them they act like it was a mistake, but I honestly think that sometimes they do it on purpose and hope you won't care/won't complain. One TM was being scheduled till closing and then 6:00 am for signing or truck frequently, finally he had to talk to his TL and ask them to stop, which they did, to their credit I suppose.

There are a few states and cities that have laws against clopening but no Federal.
I'm told there was a time when it was Spot policy to have 8 hours between shifts at least but I understand that is ignored now.
Best practice policies still state the 8 hour between rule, only exception is TM volunteering for the shifts. Then again, when was the last time most of our ETLs actually read or followed best practice?

Usually when you point it out to them they act like it was a mistake, but I honestly think that sometimes they do it on purpose and hope you won't care/won't complain. One TM was being scheduled till closing and then 6:00 am for signing or truck frequently, finally he had to talk to his TL and ask them to stop, which they did, to their credit I suppose.
I’m in a very ULV store and we have around 100 people on our team roster. It takes time and effort to make sure the schedule is perfect, and just like everyone else HR is under pressure to do more in less hours. Like I said earlier, there is always a mistake somewhere in the schedule.

But if a TM was constantly getting scheduled clopens they likely did it once and didn’t complain so they were continually scheduled that way, or it was a tragic oversight and they didn’t speak up about it to whoever writes their schedule. If they did speak up and still were scheduled that way then they have a crappy schedule writer 😕.

Target’s focus is on making and keeping guests happy and that’s what everyone on the salesfloor or front end have to do, but even an upset one will leave and be forgotten before they’re back. But if the TMs are unhappy HR will see and feel that everyday. We might put up the act of a tough skin but sometimes it’s truly an act. Back when I had a peer we would occasionally take breaks together out in one of our cars and vent and cry out of frustration. TMs get easily upset with HRTMs without seeing the wall we hit when we try and fight for them. On behalf of over two thousand HREs I do apologize if we make a mistake on your schedule, it’s never intentional.

I am scheduled til midnight on Saturday, then 9 am on Sunday. Is this a thing?? I'm new, but WTF?
They do this all the time at my store but worse close till about 11:30 12 on Saturday then make you come in at 6am for signing it's such bs I've done it twice now I'm calling out anytime they scheduled me like this anymore

Try working until 3am, then be expected to be at the staff meeting at 9am the next morning. They don't care that the drive home may take half and hour, and the drive back in is during morning rush and could take an hour. Just show up on time and to hell with your sleep cycles. We had to do that at least twice a month.

How do you guys get the late shift?!

When I first applied, I asked about overnights or late night shifts, but was told that Target doesn't offer those.

Does it vary from store to store or something?

How do you guys get the late shift?!

When I first applied, I asked about overnights or late night shifts, but was told that Target doesn't offer those.

Does it vary from store to store or something?
Depending on store volume, closing times vary from 9pm to midnight, I think. Certain very large stores have an overnight shift, but in my state, there's only one store that does this still. Most other stores have either a 4 or 6 am shift instead. This shift or closing is often as close as you can get to an overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back