Archived A fellow team member is making me uncomfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I do if a fellow team member is making me uncomfortable? I don't want to be specific but a team member is personally attacking me and trying to manipulate me. They make me feel bad about myself. I feel uncomfortable seeing this person again. It's making my work environment hostile. I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
What should I do if a fellow team member is making me uncomfortable? I don't want to be specific but a team member is personally attacking me and trying to manipulate me. They make me feel bad about myself. I feel uncomfortable seeing this person again. It's making my work environment hostile. I don't know what to do.
Call the hotline.

Just going off the details you gave ( I understand you cant be too specific) its rather hard to give sound advice. If the person is making you feel uncomfortable go to your hr/etl...explain what is going on. If they don't do anything to help you could go to the Stl, if that's not an option then call the hotline . If you are afraid this person is going to physically harm you then you need to talk with Ap asap.

Write everything down.
Make it factual, times, dates, actions, keep it as straight forward as possible but make it clear that this is something that is effecting your emotional health.
Use words like hostile work place and unsafe feeling.

Then like everyone has said go talk to HR.
Write down what their response is and make sure it is a clear response.
Don't let them fumble around, have them lay out what they are going to do and in what time frame, then hold them to it.
If what they said they would do has not happened in that time frame then it is time to challenge upwards.

The hotline is for when the in-store leadership refuses to help you. I've never used it before, but I bet the first question they'd ask would be what the STL, the ETL-HR, your ETL, and your TL are doing about the problem. Go to them first.

The hotline is for when the in-store leadership refuses to help you. I've never used it before, but I bet the first question they'd ask would be what the STL, the ETL-HR, your ETL, and your TL are doing about the problem. Go to them first.
If your lucky it will help. When I used it nothing has changed except the person I called on now knows I did and for what.

Sad reality is that some people just enjoy putting down others. Kinda there "hobby". Pleasure from negativity. Untamed tongue. Bad habits.

What I do is try to change the topic if I feel like they are making me uncomfortable or ignore them until they get tired talking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back