Archived A Guest Hijacked My Three Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they can't seem to read that an item is on sale in the aisle that I JUST ZONED AND EVERYTHING IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE YES THAT ITEM IS ON SALE I MADE SURE IT'S IN THE RIGHT PLACE STOP STASHING YOUR CRAP ON THE ENDCAP NEAR THE PRICE SCANNER COME ON.

sorry.

Or the people that pick it up, look straight at you, then decide they don't want it and then just throw it wherever they feel it should go?

I glare at them at that point and they scuttle off.

A pic of this meme should be right by the trash can. LMAO
5ab3251d87680135d9a80f64db64c8ce89cd26bce5b7c76620a8952224a4f045.jpg

I don't let guests push flats, tubs, or three tiers. Those vehicles aren't approved for guest use.

They are, however, approved for mowing down obnoxious guests.

Thats why I always thought they should have a disclaimer in BOLD on them that said, "For Target Team Member Use Only."

>implying that guests can read

Most people (in my experience anyways) don't bother to read... anything.

They can't read the ICEE flavors themselves, they can't read the menu boards themselves, they can't read their total on the register, they can't read "Exit" on the doors, they can't read the signs on the bathroom door, etc.

I'm sure most of them would either: A) Read it and disregard it, or B) Just disregard it without reading it.
Wish I could like this 1000 times! Don't forget signs! As in, "I'm supposed to get a $5 gift card."
"I'm sorry, that is when you buy 3 of these."
"The sign didn't say that!"
Or my favorite, "Where's the bread?"
Me, "Um, down this aisle, here. The one with the giant sign that reads, 'Bread'."
*facepalm*

Thats why I always thought they should have a disclaimer in BOLD on them that said, "For Target Team Member Use Only." Last thing a store needs is for them to taken out of the store and ran over or found tossed in a ditch. Or across the street in the nearby senior living complex. Or across town being pushed by a homeless guy with this bag of cans.

Or down the cart escalator like a guest tried to do before a TL stopped her.

I don't let guests push flats, tubs, or three tiers. Those vehicles aren't approved for guest use.

They are, however, approved for mowing down obnoxious guests.

Thats why I always thought they should have a disclaimer in BOLD on them that said, "For Target Team Member Use Only."

>implying that guests can read

Most people (in my experience anyways) don't bother to read... anything.

They can't read the ICEE flavors themselves, they can't read the menu boards themselves, they can't read their total on the register, they can't read "Exit" on the doors, they can't read the signs on the bathroom door, etc.

I'm sure most of them would either: A) Read it and disregard it, or B) Just disregard it without reading it.

Haha I had a guest today at the register who swiped his card, entered his pen and then, when the next screen popped up he looked at me and said, "No, I don't want cash back." I pointed to the no cash back button and then he looks at the next screen and looks up again and says, "Yes, I want it all on the card."
I also think it's great when a guest wants to pay with credit and they press a bunch of buttons or say "Do I press zero for credit?" I started just saying press cancel for credit before they even swipe.

Oh Lord. Everything would go flying, and I feel like, the cart would probably shatter the glass slides in between the cart escalator. If not, damage it from all that crap, jamming the motor of the thing.

It'd wouldn't be a pretty picture, that's for sure.

We have a bed bad and beyond next door, I laugh inside everytime I see a guest pushing around a bed bath and beyond cart in Target.. We also have a Walmart across the street and I have even seen guests pushing around theirs every now and then rofl.

We have a bed bad and beyond next door, I laugh inside everytime I see a guest pushing around a bed bath and beyond cart in Target.. We also have a Walmart across the street and I have even seen guests pushing around theirs every now and then rofl.

At my store, guests come in with carts from all over the plaza, though this seems to happen the most on Canadian holidays.

When I worked at Kohls we'd get Wal-Mart carts all the time. At Target it was Ducks or Marshalls.

They could get hurt using our work tools like 3 tiers and tubs. So be sure to leave them empty around the store in excess.

Oh Lord. Everything would go flying, and I feel like, the cart would probably shatter the glass slides in between the cart escalator. If not, damage it from all that crap, jamming the motor of the thing.

we have actually had two guest manage to get their carts down the regular escalator. the first time a tl ws out a couple of months. the second time the escalor was out for a week. tge red wine stench was there for weeks after. i guess the giant red sign "no carts" on the floor or the 3 metal pylons weren't enough.

we have actually had two guest manage to get their carts down the regular escalator. the first time a tl ws out a couple of months. the second time the escalor was out for a week. tge red wine stench was there for weeks after. i guess the giant red sign "no carts" on the floor or the 3 metal pylons weren't enough.

Reason #3,976 why I'm glad my store only has one level. We have enough crap to deal with as it is without escalators.

Those 3 tiered carts can hurt you more than a Flat or Tub ever could. If you have every accidentally pinched yourself with the top tier section, you understand.
They do hurt. Although what i don't like about the 3 tiered is i can't tether my cardboard cart in front of it, as the thing constantly rides up on the cart and won't follow turns at all. I could tether 6 loaded carts together when I have to put push carts back on the line before the store opens, I can barely manage to move 2 3-tiers at once. Dealing with guests is mostly why i prefer to work the majority of my hours before the store opens. For every 5 nice guests interactions you get 1 just...

Last edited:

Reason #3,976 why I'm glad my store only has one level. We have enough crap to deal with as it is without escalators.
not to mention they always flip on the down side. Nothing like the sound of shattering glass in the morning

Or if you've ever had everything spill out of one of the tiers because the back gates fly backwards. We've had to zip tie nearly all of the bottom tier gates so that they don't come open and spill everything in the cart onto the floor. If that makes sense to anyone else. I can't be the only store that has had this issue since day 1!

This reminds me of the time a TM accidentally ripped the front off of the Plasticrap pushers in the Deodorant aisle.. I am not sure I have ever laughed so hard on the clock before... Shear tsunami deodorant.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the time a TM accidentally ripped the front off of the Plasticrap pushers in the Deodorant aisle.. I am not sure I have ever laughed so hard on the clock before... Shear tsunami deodorant.
I just visualized that and laughed so hard!

This just gave me flash backs of the time when some brilliant TM decided to remove the front fence from an angled shelf full of little bouncy balls. My TL and I just stood there and stared at him as he calmly walked away with the fencing as all the balls scattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back