Archived A happy return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in a California store seasonally from November 2012-January 2013. It was a great experience. I manned the Electronics Boat.
Then I moved to Arkansas and started looking for work and got hired quickly once I applied again. Yesterday was my first day, and this time I'm on Flow. It looks like I'll be doing Men's clothes and helping softlines until they decide to move me to flow on Electronics. I'm excited.
Unfortunately my khakis got caught on a chair and ripped down the leg, but my one of my Team Leads got me new pants, for which I will be forever grateful. ;w;
Also, I can bike to work, which is getting me in shape. (Gosh I'm sore today.) The only bad part is that I'm biking at about 5am, and part of the bike trail goes pitch black--scared me to death the first time. I'll be getting a bike light for sure. (And then my own bike so I don't have to borrow my friends' all the time.)
I am a little worried about snowy weather since I don't want to bike through that. Not to mention, I'm unused to Tornado warning sirens, since we didn't have that in CA.
In short, it's good to be back!

at least with a tornado warning siren, you have a warning. earthquakes just pop up out of nowhere and fuck shit up. sincerely, someone who used to live in so cal.

Greetings and salutations.
Welcome to The Break Room.

As someone who bikes all year long, it does take a little getting used to but it is possible.
They make studded tires for bikes and there are good gear that work well, just think layers and don't over dress.
Check out your local bike shop, there are always a hard core group that bike all year long who will be happy to make suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back